CHAPTER FIVE.

*RING..RING....RING..RING..*

Y/N - "Hello?"

KIRK - "Hey it's me!"

Y/N - "Oh hey Kirk! Me and the rest of the girls are still getting ready"

KIRK - "Take your time, I'll start heading to the square now, What time will you be there?"

Y/N - "Well Roger and River are coming to get us in about 10minutes, taxi ride there is around 5minutes so 15"

KIRK - "Okay see y'a there doll"

Y/N - "..why do you keep calling me do-"
*LONG BEEP*

He hung up.

TIFF - "Melissa your hair doesn't need to be perfect. Your going to get shit-faced and fall asleep in an alley way anyway."

MELISSA - "I at least want to look pretty doing it"

she says, applying her ruby red lipstick and adjusting her individual strands of curly hair at the crown of her head

TIFF - "You're unbelievable."

Y/N - "Melissa stop trying so hard to make yourself pretty for Roger. You know he's going to fuck you either way. Same with you Tiff"

MELISSA - "Well you shouldn't have made so much of an effort tonight either Y/N"

she says pointing at my outfit up and down

MELISSA - "Kirk..is going to fuck you anyway.." she says in a flirtatious tone under her breath.

Hysterical laughter breaks out around the apartment

Y/N - "Kirk and I are just...friends."

KELLY - "As of now"

everyone turns to face me, looking for defensive and snide words to leave my mouth, denying it. But I couldn't. I felt like..even if i tried. I wouldn't be able to say it. I couldn't lie. was I actually.. falling for him..?

TIFF - "..Your not denying it Y/n.."

all eyes on me.

silence fills the air..

*KNOCK..KNOCK..KNOCK.*

thank god

I frantically go for the door, any excuse to get away from the awkward situation.

ROGER - "Hey!"

RIVER - "How you doing?"

Y/N - "Hey guys come on in, Where's Blondie? Thought she was coming with you guys"

KELLY FROM THE OTHER ROOM - "Her name is Adelaide not Blondie! I've told you this a million times!"

ROGER - "Here she is now"

ADELAIDE - "Thanks very much for the help boys, I cant feel my feet in these heels!"

RIVER - "We told you just to get in the elevator with us"

ADELAIDE - "I would have suffocated with the amount of Cologne Roger had on."

Melissa, Tiff and Kelly walk into the room in their outfits.

Our guests mouths fly open, looking like they have been put into a trance due to how beautiful their girlfriends look.

Y/N - "Okay you can all marvel over your girlfriends later on tonight, If you forgot, We have someone waiting?"

Tiff - "Yeah Y/n's boyfri-"

Y/N - "Friend. My friend."

RIVER - "Oh..right, Let's get going."

EVERYONE GETS INTO TAXIS

1. ROGER AND MELISSA
2. RIVER AND TIFF
3. KELLY AND ADELAIDE
4. Myself.

Looking out the window of the taxi, I see the beads of water wash down the window,

I think about what the night is going to hold.

What if everyone goes off with their partners and I'm left with Kirk.

Alone.

Just Us.

I'd like that.
I kind of wish that Kirk never invited the girls.

Me and Kirk, Out on the town, the two of us, Going round clubs, seeing bands, Staying out till the crack of dawn, sitting on a roof, smoking cigarettes, watching the sun rise over the once-lively town, turned into a tranquil moment we would remember for years to come. That's what I want.  That's how I want to spend my night, Instead of feeling like a third wheel. How I always feel. I want something different. For once..