CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

March 1984

After many other small tour dates around the states, Before we knew it we were flung back into the studio  to record our second album 'Ride The Lightning'.

We had been given a bigger budget for equipment and instruments, as our new found fame granted us not only a couple hundred fans, but a stable pay that would make us not have to stay in a musky, sleazy 2 person max motel room every other night. Sleeping in either; a un-comfy, stained chair. the cold rickety hardwood floor, or the solid bed which James and Lars physically fought over whilst drunk one night.

Through the past couple months I found that Kirk and I were becoming more comfortable around each-other. Well. I speak more for him than myself, My stomach still fills with fluttering butterflies watching him grind up against his guitar at shows The sweat dripping from his coiled hair makes my legs weak.

JAMES - "Y/N! You just gonna sit there and daydream or are we gonna record some music?"

I snap out of my trance as I see James and our record producer staring at me through the glass on the exterior of the recording booth

Y/N - "Fuck. Yeah. Sorry. Roll the tape back."

A faint whirling sound fills the room as total silence is spread throughout the air. Only when I strike the strings on my guitar, The tension in the room softens.

Guitar has always been an escape for me, Since I started playing when I was only 13.

I still have the distinct memory of asking my mum and dad for a guitar for christmas and when I arrived at my lesson, my teacher told me "Girls don't play rock and roll" which made me think "What the fuck is this?!"

That's when everything fell into place for me, I wanted to make sure that people looked past my gender and saw me for my skill-set, vocals and song writing abilities.

RECORD PRODUCER - "Okay Y/N that was great, Take 5"

Lars began walking into the recording booth as I left, we stuck our tongues out at each-other as we walked past one another, making us chuckle.

KIRK - "Jesus, That solo was killer!"

My heart immediately began pounding in my chest as I turned around and seen Kirk, with every passing second gazing into his dazzling brown eyes, My body began to feel more limp and frail.

Y/N - "Oh, Hey, Thanks, I wrote it a couple years back and decided to chop and change some of the parts, I'm glad you like it"

(Jesus christ stop rambling...)

KIRK - "Really? What age were you when you wrote it?"

He sat down on the couch, Spreading his legs into a man-spread and inviting me to sit down next to him. Little did he know that I would sit on his lap in a heartbeat..

Y/N - "I was 16 or 17, Around the same age you wrote the Creeping Death"

KIRK - "Shut up! You never wrote that solo when you were 16! The Creeping Death riff doesn't even compare to yours!"

We both laughed for a while and exchanged 'war-stories' from our childhood and growing up, Before we knew it we were calling it a day

RECORD PRODUCER - "Right, That was great today guys, See you on Monday at 10:30!"

He clapped his hands together and sent us on our way

CLIFF - "So where we crashing tonight?"

LARS - "Uhhh I dunno man..We need to buy a pad soon, we can't keep doing this every night"

JAMES - "Y'know for once I agree with Lars"

Y/N - "Well, I seen this really really small house for sale on Kerrydale St?"

KIRK - "How much is the rent?"

Y/N - "Something like 150 dollars a week"

CLIFF - "Well I'm sure if we put our money together that should be fairly easy to match"

JAMES - "Okay. So tomorrow we'll go look at this house Y/N seen and see about the rent and what not. As for now...Motel..?"

Everyone sighs in unison.

ALL - "Yeah.."