CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

Everybody else had woken up, Kirk and I stayed on the balcony and "talked" about his new girlfriend. I wasn't paying attention whatsoever. I couldn't tell if I was mad or if I wanted to just break down and sob.

It felt like an eternal torture watching him smile at the thought of his new 'chick'..

Everyone had gotten dressed and got into Cliff's car, Since he was the only one who could drive we were all forced to be seated directly next to each-other and I was given the 'pleasure' of sitting right next to Kirk.

I avoided all eye-contact with him, I was still so confused about what I felt about all that happened but one thing was for sure. Things will never be the same way they were.

CLIFF - "Kerrydale St. is just up here, isn't it Y/N?"

Y/N - "Yeah." I said bluntly, Slightly rolling my eyes in the process due to Cliff throwing me off my thoughts.

LARS - "Whats up your ass Y/N"

Y/N - "I dunno Lars what's up yours?"

LARS - "Nothing...Just saying your crabby this morning.." he says sheepishly, Backing off almost immediately

CLIFF - "I don't blame her, If I had to sleep next to James with his sweat and bad breath all night I'd be a bit cranky too"

JAMES - "I'm not that bad to sleep next to! And I have many groupies crumpled up phone numbers in my jeans to prove it" he smirks slyly

Everyone turns away to look out the dirty windows as James sits smiling like a kid on christmas, proud of his own joke.

Y/N - "Stop here, This is it"

Cliff slams his foot hard on the brakes,It was pretty old and needed a good shove to stop the car, Correction. It needed a good shove to do anything.

JAMES - "It's not...terrible?"

The house was a old rickety thing, The smallest in the neighborhood, It wasn't really a family home but it was a roof over our heads and it was all we needed.

LARS - "Okay, Y/N, Kirk. You both go down to the end of the road and call the number on the sign to get us someone down here to let us tour this thing"

Was he serious? I don't want to spend any more time with him than I already have to. At least not today.

Y/N - "Why can't he just go his self? It's not like he can't be trusted"

JAMES - "Because Kirk can't remember anything to save himself. Need I remind you of the 'lock'
incident?"

James shoots a know-it-all glare at Kirk.

The Lock Incident was when we were on our Kill em' all tour in Canada and Kirk was in charge of remembering the code for the locks on the big metal boxes containing our instruments and equipment.
As soon as we got to the venue Kirk couldn't remember the combination for the life of him. Since then, He's never been trusted to remember the lock combination's since.

Y/N - "Fine."

Kirk and I began walking down the street to the pay-phone.

KIRK - "No offense or anything..But you're acting pretty awkward today..You're not yourself..Is anything up?"

Y/N - "Well like you said, I was up early for a change. Im just tired."

Lie.

KIRK - "Y/N I've known you long enough to know the difference between when your crabby and tired and crabby when something's bothering you. Now come on. I told you my secret so now you tell me yours."

He grabs hold of my left arm pulling it towards him to force our eyes to meet

Y/N - "I'm being serious, I'm hungover and tired and cold. "

I begin walking along side him again

KIRK - "Ah you're cold are you?"

Y/N - "mhm.." I mutter looking to the houses across the street from us.

Suddenly, I feel a heavy leather jacket being placed over my shoulders and a hand rubbing up and down my arm.

KIRK - "Better?"

This sent me right back to our first-
...I don't even know if you can call it a date.

Of course I was still 'iffy' with him. But I'm never immune to his cute antics. After all, His smile was contagious.

Y/N - "Yes. Thanks." I dart a quick smile at him and we arrive at the pay phone.

KIRK - "What was the number"

Y/N - "Um..## ###### ####"

Kirk puts in a quarter and dials the number.

WOMAN ON PHONE - "Welcome to (HOUSE SELLING COMPANY) How can I help you?"

KIRK - "Hey, Me and My friends are interested in viewing the house on Kerrydale St."

WOMAN ON PHONE - "Oh how wonderful! I will send someone over right now toots!"

KIRK - "Thank you very much Miss"

WOMAN ON PHONE - "Not a problem at all! Goodbye!"

*CALL ENDED*

KIRK - "Well that was easy"

Y/N - "All we need to do now is play the waiting game."

We walk back down the sidewalk and meet back up with the rest of the band

LARS - "What did they say?"

Y/N - "They'll send someone round now"

LARS - "Better not take forever.."

-

15 MINUTES LATER

-

The Real Estate Agent pulled up next to us

R.E.A - "Hey guys! Sorry for the delay the traffic was pretty bad"

LARS - "Yeah yeah..Can we hurry up and see the fuc-"

James elbows Lars in the stomach to shut him up, He keels over and grabs his midsection

JAMES - "No problem sir, If we could?"

James signals toward the house with his hands

R.E.A - "Of course! Let me lead the way"

We all approached the front door and as the man unlocked it we all gazed in awe, For the price of the rent, This was a pretty sweet place.

R.E.A - "Theres 1 bathroom, 3 bedrooms, 2 spare rooms and a kitchen, Seems about perfect for you lot" he chuckes with his movie-star grin.

After looking around the house for a couple minutes we all gave eachother 'The Look'

Y/N - "We'll take it"