CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

LATE JULY 1983

LARS - "Jesus CHRIST! I've never been so nervous in my whole goddamn life!" he shrieked

CLIFF - "Calm down Lars. The more nervous you get the shittier you'll play"

Cliff leans over and whispers to me "Like he could play any worse than he already does.."

LARS - "Oh! Thanks for that Cliff!" He angrily shouted

The two grown-ass men started having a screaming match. Honestly, They acted like children. We are about to play our first show of the Kill em' All Tour but by the looks of it, Their fits of rage weren't going to be stopping any time soon.

KIRK - "Can you two kill it? Im trying to tune my guitar and I can't fucking hear it because you both are screaming at each-other...God.."

JAMES - "Yeah, I agree with Kirk, Shut the fuck up"

BACKSTAGE STAFF - "Sorry to interrupt guys but..you're on in 5..."

Everyone turned slowly to look at each-other like a scene from a cartoon before darting full speed out the door, Fits of laugher and shouts of triumph filled the echoey hallway we where running down, Lars holding his drumsticks, Kirk and I with our guitars and Cliff with his bass. We where about to rock this joint..

Everyone came off stage sweaty and hyperventilating. Walking into the dressing room, I rang the sweat out from my 'PANTERA' T-Shirt which I ripped the sleeves off half way through the show and felt myself get dragged from behind into a group...hug? jump? mosh pit? Whatever it was. It was our way of celebrating our first ever big show, And little did I know I would remember it for years to come..I would remember it as if it was yesterday. Clear as day.

KIRK - (OUT OF BREATH) That...Was...Fucking...awesome" he said pulling Lars into a hug

He turns to me

KIRK - (OUT OF BREATH) "And Y/N...
(SWALLOWS)..You fucking killed that...that was so badass.." He holds up his hand up for a high-five, As soon as I return it he doesn't let go and pulls me into a hug, His dripping wet hair on my neck and his warm heavy breathing on my back..

JAMES - "Anyway! We'll hit the showers then the town"

After practically peeling off my 'PANTERA' T-Shirt and Leather Pants from my skin, I wrapped a towel around my body, walking into the steamy shower room, The boys where already in the shower cubicles, the water pouring down a drain in the middle of the room

JAMES - "Searchingggg Seek and DESTROYYYYYY!"

Y/N - "Haven't you sang those lyrics enough times tonight, James?" I chucked

JAMES - "Never enough, Y/l/n...METALLICA FOREVERRRRRR!!"

LARS - "He chugged 3 bottles of Heineken before getting in the shower" He shouted over the door, Un-impressed by James's singing

Y/N - "Ah right..That explains it."

Entering the shower cubicle I unwrap my towel and hang it over the door, The hot water on my skin eased up all my aching muscles, My fingertips feeling like they where on fire.

After James sang 2 more songs he exited the shower along with Lars, I heard them muttering and sniggering under their breath but thought nothing about it.

It was just Kirk and Me in the shower room when I felt Ice Cold water pour down over my head, My body started tingling with the temperature change, I shriek in shock along with Kirk

KIRK - "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Y/N - "THATS FUCKING FREEZING!"

Familiar laughter bounced off the tiled walls of the shower room, Me and Kirk grab our towels from the top of our doors and rush out of our assigned showers, Met face to face with James and Lars bent double.

LARS - "ITS PARTY TIME NOW MOTHERFUCKERS!"