CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I was woken up due to James's arm swinging over and hitting me square in the face while he turned over in his sleep.

Rubbing my nose I check the time...

(7:38AM)

Soon, I concluded that I would be unable to get back to sleep and James's breath was starting to make me want to vomit.

Pulling my legs slowly from underneath the sheeted bed I glance over at Kirk, He had fallen asleep on the dusty and stained armchair in the corner of the room.

It was starting to feel clammy and humid inside, so I looked for the control for the AC.

Slowly crawling over Lars's legs in an attempt not to wake him I spot the remote, It was in the opposite corner of the room and was underneath what looked like..A Rat?! And a dead one at that.

No way in hell was I touching a Rat. I may not be scared of most things but Rats is most certainly one of them.

Instead, I make my way back over Lars and walk toward the sliding glass door.

Opening it very carefully and quietly I step outside and slide the door behind me, leaving a small gap for some of the cool morning breeze to enter into the room behind me.

Staring off into the not so glamorous parking lot I hear a familiar voice groan and stand behind me.

KIRK - "You're up early..That's a change"

He yawns, leaning backwards in an attempt to cure his aching back.

Y/N - "Yeah well, I couldn't stand sleeping next to James for another minute"

KIRK - "Yeah..As soon as I heard that James had dibs on the bed last night I immediately knew I'd be sleeping on the chair"

he laughs softly, Looking down for a moment then proceeding to walk out onto the balcony, His hair was tied back into a loose low ponytail, the remainder of his curls which had fallen out of the band roamed freely in the cool wind..

Blindly admiring his face, I noticed his side profile, It was like the work of a roman statue, He didn't have soft features, He had a strong jawline and a unique nose, In his entirety he was fully unique, He was not at all like any other man I had seen or met before, looks and personality wise.

KIRK - "So uh..Since we've been friends for longer than I've known the guys.."

Y/N - "By a few days, But do go on" I chuckle under my breath

KIRK - "Well um..I want to let you know something.."

Y/N - "Sure, You can tell me anything whats up?"

He stares into my glistening eyes as I listen intently to what he is about to tell me

KIRK - "Erm..I-I got a girlfriend.."

My heart sank. My blood ran cold and I could feel myself choking. I felt entirely and utterly stunned. I couldn't move. I don't know how long I was standing there looking at him for but it felt like a century. He had a girlfriend...

KIRK - "I just thought you should know first because..well..We're better friends than any of those guys in there are"

I swallow the lump in my throat, My heart beat was banging in my ears, it was loud, too loud.

I grab hold of the balcony and lean against it. I couldn't look at him. I would break down in tears and probably fall to my knees. I gaze off into the parking lot again.

Y/N - "Y-yeah..Im happy for you..How did you..uh..meet?"

He begins to ramble on for about 5 minutes how he met this brunette girl after a gig. I didn't care about her. I didn't care that he had a girlfriend. What I cared about was it was official. He didn't want me..