Year 7, Day 303

A/N: Have you made any promises lately? You can tell me all about it in the comment section. As for me, I have one. I'll be updating Someday twice a week starting this coming week until the last chapter. It means that you'll have a little over a month until the #Wilby story finally concludes.

If you're as excited as I am, please do vote, and comment below what your favorite #Wilby moment is so far.

P.S. Thanks to @perfected for yet another amazing banner. You know I love you.

***

"Night, Will."

Third time he said that.

It was past midnight, and we've talked the whole afternoon, throughout dinner with my parents and now, but... ugh, this stupid voice in my head kept telling me he'll wake up in the morning and put on that 'repel Will' armor he'd been wearing for the past year.

"I said good night, Will." That was Bobby's attempt at playful. Yeah, not his thing.

I got his deal with my other friends. He felt left out, different; he assured me he was over it now. But it shouldn't have taken some fist fight for him to see that I would choose my best friend every time.

Every single time.

"Will," the insistence in his voice broke my internal monologue, to be continued.

"Good night," he repeated, punching my arm lightly, like we used to when we were kids.

After a while, I admitted, "I don't like good nights."

"Why?"

"They feel like goodbyes."

"Well, not this one."