Year 9, Day 201

A/N: If you'd ask any of my friends who the most romantic person they know is, they'd run as far as they possibly could from me. That's how cynical they think I am. Unknown to them, I'm a big sucker for proposal stories - prom, relationship, marriage. I'd love to know what you guys think is the sweetest way to go

Also, after this one, we only have 6 chapters to go. Show Will and Bobby some love by voting on this chapter and quoting some of their sweet (sometimes crass) lines on Twitter. Oh, and do tag me if you do.

Happy reading!

***

Six months.

That's half a year.

I looked back on everything we did together while I repainted the fence that Bobby and I shared - the same fence where we first talked, where we first laughed, where we first fought and where we spent most our nights since we were seven. 

This was our fence.

I stared at it as I took a few steps back and sat on the grass. A lot has happened in the last few months. We went on road trips. He met my gran and saw her new place by the beach. My parents took us to New York, so we can watch his favorite band live. He taught me how to play the guitar; well, he tried. I got him to give carpentry with my dad a shot; Bobby was about as good as him. Whatever they made, mom called them abstract; and she's right. After school, we baked cookies and took walks, played video games and watched movies. We even hung out with Austin and Parker a couple of times.To me, it didn't matter what we did, only that it was with him. 

He made me happy; he always did.

"Tired?" I heard Bobby before I saw him seated right beside me, his head now on my shoulder.

"Yeah, a bit," I answered, leaning my head on his. "It looks great though."

"It does."

We stayed like that for awhile; I'm not sure for how long exactly, and I didn't mind. Moments like this should be savored, not measured. 

It was Bobby's voice that cut through the comfortable silence when he whispered, "Will?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna marry you someday."

Did I hear that right or are my daydreams messing with me? 

I lifted my head  from his and stared at him. His gaze was still focused on the fence in front of us, but I needed to know if he said what I think he did, so I stuttered a, "Huh?"

I don't remember much else, except Bobby's eyes staring at me when I heard, "I said I'll marry you, Will."