Year 9, Day 0

A/N: I've been posting about this a lot, and I even changed all the graphics on my page (thanks to @perfected) in support of it.

We're celebrating the Pride Month, that month of the year when, hopefully, we all come together and support not just the legislation based on equal rights regardless of gender or sex but also a more open and informed society where respect for all is the culture.

If you can spread the word and open more eyes, that would be great. I'm sure Will and Bobby would appreciate it.

***

Nine years.

We've been best friends for nine years.

Every time he reminds me of how we first met, I cringe, and that ass knows it too.

A Harry Potter joke?

Really, Will?

Really?

Not that I regret it. I mean, I've done stupider things. I sang at the talent show this year because he won't do it unless I do too - something about embarrassing himself - so I sang my off key heart out. Huh! Didn't I tell him he'd win? You should have seen his smile.

Man, I still loved that smile.

You know those things that, no matter how unlikely, were bound to happen, like my mom bumped into my dad ten years again after she first gave him her number? She insisted it wasn't a brush off. I thought meeting Bobby was one of those. I was supposed to see that smile, hear that laugh, smell those cookies he baked way better than mine.

Bobby and I, we were meant to meet.