Chapter 60

"Kaname." I call out as I stare down at the masked and cloaked Kaname. He turns away and faces Yuki. I pick up my dress, and try to go after them.

"WAI-!" When I make it they're not there.

"They're gone." I say stunned, and see just the dancing vampires.

"No! I have to find Yuki! Zero." He nods his head and removes his mask.

"Wait, and then Isaya-san too! Damn it all!" We run going to the one who really is in danger which is Isaya-san.

"That girl who is a remembrance of  his friend, and you too." Kaname removes his mask and drops it harshly. The black mask cracks in half on the right eye.

"I thought I can't continue to stay as a spectator. If I am going to end up as a target anyway." Isaya says as he calmly sits on a couch.

"I hoped to have a chance to talk to you alone. So I organized this masquerade ball." Isaya looks over at Kaname.

"Welcome, Kaname. I'm glad to be able to meet you like this. Did you come to take my life? Or did you come to request my assistance?" Isaya asks Kaname who has not said a word since he approached him. "Or, don't tell me, you came to confirm those girls safety? For the sake of the being who inherited your blood most strongly." Isaya finally stands up, and approaches Kaname, kicking his broken mask aside.

"The only remaining ancestor, the majority of the weapons that are able to slay purebloods have disappeared. For you to destroy purebloods alone I believe the remaining number is beyond your capacity." Isaya states as he bows before Kaname. "In this situation you knowing full well that this is a trap came to my place. Isn't there any errand that only I can accomplish?" Isaya questions Kaname respectfully.

"I had thought to, one day, use this life of mine to make Yuki and Alondra human again." Kaname finally says after this moment of silence. He kneels in front of Isaya.

"However that is no longer accomplishable, for I will become the new 'parent'." Kaname says to Isaya. He stares stunned at Kaname's words.

                                              ~0~

"Isn't the situation strange?" A vampire questions as all vampires stop dancing and murmur amongst each other.

"Yes." Someone agrees with the vampire.

"It was not only Isaya-sama whom excused himself, but the Kuran princesses and their attendant too." Someone mentions wondering where the only three purebloods in attendance had gone off to.

"He must have arrived. The Head of Kuran." Someone else states from a far off corner sitting comfortably on a couch with their servant standing beside them.

"Her younger brother and my husband, the one who ended their lives. Everyone we musn't let him escape." A woman says as she removes her mask.

Zero grabs my hand as I start to fall behind and we run towards Isaya-san's room.

"Excuse me a little." We stop as we spot Senri and Rima with Yuki in his arms.

"Eh?"

"They're in the middle of doing business so. . ." Shiki starts off.

"We are unable to let you pass." Rima finishes for Shiki as she tosses an unconscious Yuki into my arms. I catch her, and glare up at Rima and my cousin Shiki.

"If I am able to bid farewell to this body that is cursed never to die, when the time is ripe I will, with pleasure, serve as your substitute." Isaya says to Kaname.