Chapter 29

1 year later

"I-I swear I'm sayin' the truth! I was just told to go pick up some things! I would die rather than tell you my master's name, but I-"

"Fine then." Zero answers the pleading vampire at his feet, with a sigh. "If that's the case then die now." He says pulling out Bloody Rose out of his trench coat.

What are you thinking about right now?

Zero lands on the ground in front of a sobbing little girl. She is startled by his sudden appearance. Zero stands up tall in front of the little girl. She looks up at him in wonder.

"My bag. Thank you." Zero picks up the bag the little girl had next to her. She is still crying though. "It's okay now, the bad man who wanted to take you to some weird place is gone. Don't worry." He assures the girl as he reaches to pet her head. She flinches and hides her face. He moves his hand up, and then smiles warmly at the little girl.

"Hey I might be scary, but I won't do anything scary to you. Come here. I'll take you back to your family." He says reaching for the little girl. He pickes her up in his arms, and heads out to find her family.

"Yes officer, that's how it happend! So please! Please hurry up!" A woman pleads to the police officer in front of her.

"Understood, ma'am!" He assures the woman. Zero puts the little girl down.

"A young man wearing the Cross Academy uniform kindly ran after the man who kidnapped my grandchild, but-"

"Back up will be coming soon ma'am, so please try to calm down." The officer interrupts the frantic woman.

"Grandma!" The little girl rushes over to her worried grandmother.

"Mii-chan!" She exclaims, and goes to hold the girl in her arms. "Aah! How wonderful! Are you okay Mii-chan?!" The woman asks worried as she covers up her little granddaughter.

"How truly wonderful that you managed to escape that man."

Zero watches the reunion with a faint smile.

"No, grandma, I didn't escape, I was saved by that mister over there!" The girl points to where Zero should have been at. But he is gone by then.

Zero walks in the cold winter night, and heads up some stairs into an apartment. The moment he enters the building he knows something is wrong. He hits a specific area of the wall with his bag, and then he punches a hole through it. He quickly pulls Bloody Rose out, and shoots inside of the hole.

"Sor-sorry that I let myself in! Ah, but by the way Zero. . ."

"You. . ." Zero looks in shock at the person through the hole. It wasn't a vampire, but Headmaster Cross. His hands are up in a surrender.

"I had this apartment building constructed quite a long time ago, so if you're too rough on the walls, it might all come crashing down. Be gentle, okay?" He says still trying to get over the shock of what just happened. Zero glares at him, and begins to walk off.

"Your aura it's annoying to discern because sometimes it mixes up slightly with that of a vampire." Headmaster sighs as Zero enters his apartment.

"So? What are you doing here? I thought that the Hunters Association and a variety of other people were after you and that you were practically locked up?" Zero answers, and throws his bag on a chair. Headmaster approaches him.

"Well, all in all my sentence was postponed, and from what I was told it seems it will be left to be decided 'based on how things end up turning out.'" Headmaster Cross watches as Zero throws himself on his bed not bothering to remove his shoes or trench coat.