Chapter 57

With the absoluteness of the purebloods, I will. . .

Sara is dying before us. The ancestress's power had stabbed through Sara, and now the ambitious pureblood is dying before our eyes.

"AHH! NO! I WASN'T BORN TO BECOME LIKE THIS!" Sara screams at the top of her lungs as the power stabs deeper into her chest. Ichijo stares a little longer before he rushes over to her.

"SARA!" He yells out completely horrified and hurt. Before he could go near her, the ancestress's power stops him.

"I can't touch it, could this be the Association's weapon- the parent?" Ichijo questions.

"Takuma." Sara calls out to him. He looks up at her. "Help me." She pleads as she reaches her hand out to Ichijo.

Yuki is in Kaname's arms. He moves the sword away, and Yuki meets his eyes.

Zero is holding me back because he knows me well enough that I'll try and play the part of the hero even though I don't have the power to face this.

"Wai-" I hear Yuki call out as Kaname heads over to the ancestress's power. The power stops Yuki in her tracks.

"No, Yuki!" I yell out, and try to go after her. Zero grabs a hold of me. "No! Let me go! I have to stop Yuki!" I yell as I struggle out of his hold.

Before I can go anywhere the ancestress's power wraps around our weapons. I stop and stare as I separate Black and Blue Rose into gun forms. The power splits, and wraps around them.

"What's this?!" A hunter yells out as the ancestress's power takes all of their weapons as well. Along with her search for all the anti-vampire weapons comes destruction of the Association.

"Why is the parent-"

"Its absorbing it's 'children'!" A man answers as they struggle to hold on to their weapons.

"Its going on a rampage!" Yagari yells out as Seiren tries to make her attack on him. Yagari pulls back at his double barrel gun.

"The parent itself is desiring power?" Kaien questions as the power envelops everywhere. "Don't tell me, it's happening at a time like this!" Kaien says completely stunned.

I pull at the guns trying to keep her from taking them away. The Ancestress finally drops Sara to the ground.

"SARA!" Ichijo yells out as he rushes over to her. He grabs her in his arms. Ichijo looks behind him.

"Damn it! Let them go! Why is she doing this?!" I yell out trying to pull Black and Blue Rose away with all my vampiric strength.

"I don't know." Zero states as he also tries to pull back Bloody Rose. "Why is it suddenly doing such a thing? Does it intend to take back it's fragments?"

"I can't hold on to them any longer!" I yell trying to get my grip to adjust on my guns.

"Cooling down."

I jump startled at the sound of a woman's voice in my head. Yuki is looking around as well. "Eh?" We both question.

"I'm cooling down. If I don't take my fragments back. If I don't take back my powers. . ."

I recognize that voice from Kaname's memories. It's the ancestress talking to us.

"Alondra!" Zero yells out tackling me out of the way of an attack by the ancestress. I see her power wrapping around a still Kaname. I grab onto Yuki's arm as Zero moves both of us away from the Ancestress's power.

"Its targets are the weapons and you purebloods!" Zero says protecting us.

"Zero! Protect Yuki! I'll avoid her attacks as best as I can!" I say as he continues to avoid her attacks.

"I'm not letting you go again!" He yells at me, and continues to hold on to me.

"At this rate. I can't allow myself to cool down at a rate like this. Until I fulfill it. . ."

I hear her voice again as I was about to voice my protest. I stay silent waiting for more.

"I won't be destroyed until they have been. . . To destroy purebloods who draw others into the darkness."

I hear her say. "So it really was her idea to kill all of the purebloods." I mentally state stunned.

"That is the meaning of my existence."

She says going for an attack on Kaname.

"You have already done your best." Kaname says. "Ten thousand years is sufficient so rest in peace." Kaname says to her, knowing she can hear him. "I will succeed you, so. . ." Her body appears like a ghost, reaching out to Kaname. She touches his cheek gently.

The power is suddenly gone. Her power crumbles away. We all look at Kaname staring ahead of him.

"The building is crumbling! Run!" Someone yells outside of the Association.

"We can't do anything about it!" Another one yells out as they all run for their lives.

"Sara!" Ichijo yells out to the dying woman.

"Where is this place?" Sara questions weakly. "Well, look, the Association is crumbling." Sara says as they watch the Association falling from afar. Sara starts to laugh which causes Ichijo to look at her stunned.

"Sara?" He questions the laughing woman. She puts a hand to his cheek.

"Look carefully, Takuma. Look at this ugliness of pureblood vampires. Look at the end of the ancestor who has turned into a mere monster." Sara says to him with her genuine fake smiles. "And look at the foolishness, where he continues to avert his eyes from the light from 'salvation' again."

I watch Yuki escape me, and run towards Kaname. He turns to her, and she holds him. He turns into bats, and she falls to her knees. I stay back, and watch her pitiful form.

"You will see it with your own eyes, right? You, Takuma Ichijo, whose heart was captured by a pureblood." Sara says getting weaker, and the light in her eye dims. "And then, you can come to your senses." Sara says as her body cracks nearing the end.

"So you are saying that till the very end, my feelings were just manipulated?" Ichijo questions her sadly.

"I wonder." She says as she reaches towards Ichijo, and kisses his lips gently. She pulls back as he stares stunned. She smiles a real smile for once, and looks at him. "As I thought. There's no such thing as a normal love here." Sara says for her final words as she disintegrates in Ichijo's arms. He puts his hand up, and reaches for a couple of Sara's pieces.

Ichijo stares stunned as Kaname comes to him. "Yes, I will see it with my own eyes." Ichijo says as he crushes a fragment of Sara in his hand. He stands up, and runs towards Kaname.

Her hidden pain brings tears to my eyes. "Damn it." I curse as I wipe away her tears from my eyes. A gentle hand goes to my head. I look over at Zero. I grab his hand as we walk over to Yuki. I kneel next to her as I put my free hand to her cheek.

"He said he will succeed her will." Yuki states. I move the uneven strands of her cut hair away from her eyes. My long bang gets in the way, but I just blow it away.

"So he intends to do what she couldn't." Yuki stands up, and takes my hand in hers. She takes Zero's hand as well.

"Let's give chase. I don't want to see vampires go on a rampage again!" Yuki says with determination. She let's our hands go, and reaches for Artemis. She hands me Black and Blue Rose in the process. I smile.

"That's right. I'm the dorm president and Kuran head so I can't just let my big sister do everything. It's time to stop this!" I say looking at Zero for support. His eyes show me the support I needed to see.

To settle it once and for all, Yuki and Alondra will. . .!