Chapter 38

"WHY?! WHY IS IT?! WHY IS IT THAT I'M HEEEERE?!!" Aido Hanabusa yells as he is taken away in a car. He looks through the small window covered with metal bars. Aido walks around in the cell he was in.

"Strange all I did back then was just say what came to mind, no? I said 'well then, should I follow the three of them right away, or am I supposed to leave them alone by not following them just yet?', and as I said that, Kiryu came towards me." Aido recalls what happened when the Kuran twins were taken back home by Kaname's creature.

"And because he was looking rather livid, I out of kindness for him, I simply said 'you should quickly remove that jacket that got stained with that woman's blood, shouldn't you? It seems to be hard for you, no?' And just as I said that, that guy grinned with an unreassuring look, and-"

"Oh yeah this will come in handy. I'll take you along with me and wring information out of you."

Aido recalls Zero's exact words before he ended up in his current situation. "Or so Kiryu said." Aido finishes off his thoughts and goes back to looking out.

"I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING! I'M BEING FALSELY ACCUSED! ALL I DID WAS GET ON HIS BAD SIDE! THIS IS ABUSE OF PUBLIC FORCE! HE'S MISUSING HIS OFFICIAL AUTHORITY!" Aido yells out to anyone that is listening.

"If you struggle you'll get the electric shock again, Aido." Zero says sitting calmly with his arms crossed over his chest.

Aido glares back at him, but sits down anyway across from Zero. "Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to be obedient because I'm scared to get zapped or anything like that, you know." Aido lies through his teeth.

"I have done absolutely nothing whatsoever that breaks the treaty between our races. I'm going to assume I am going with you as a guest then, no?" Aido says with a frown.

"Actually, we don't really need to suspect you of anything to arrest you." Zero tells Aido coldly. Aido grins through his frown.

"Are you for real? Hey I'll never tell you anything!" Aido says defiantly.

"That's fine. I'll make you feel like talking." Zero threatens him with a calm face.

"The only one I allowed to make me talk was Alondra-sama only even when she was human. You won't be able to make me talk." Aido tells him with a glare. Zero doesn't answer him.

"Aido, if you're going to keep staring at me making that face like you want to say something just go ahead and say it." Zero says not looking at Aido who is looking at him.

"If I were in your place, I'd face my adversary openly, no matter how many times it may take and take what I want from him." Aido yells at Zero angrily. Zero stays silent, and finally faces Aido.

~0~

"Who were you Kaname?" It feels like I've been falling forever and it doesn't seem to end.

"You are not my brother, but my ancestor." I reach for the glass shards, but they dissapear.

"I'm falling into the memory." I feel myself hit the ground hard on my back.

"I have to love someone in particular." A man says.

"You think that if you do that you'll manage to fool the 'demon' that the thirst is, and be able to escape from endangering anyone with your fangs?"

A cloaked figure argues with Kaname. "You're a fool. There's no way you can make yourself do that for all eternity." The cloaked figure goes on.

"I came to understand you a little. . ."

"You did not even speak a single word of refutal agains your vassals as you were cast away." The cloaked figure says annoyed. "You won't try to claim it was because you were lazy or anything, hm?" The cloaked figure asks a silent Kaname. The cloaked figure puts a hand to Kaname's head, and pulls him closer to them.