Chapter 6

There are those who exist in the darkness me including, but I don't fear that darkness as much as I feel I should. I'm not the creature of the night though. It is those beasts in human form who drink the blood from living humans and vampire hunters, they are the few chosen to hunt them.

A man walks down an alley, and steps on the dust of a destroyed vampire. The one Ichijo had destroyed earlier on. He bends down and picks up the dust, letting it run through his fingerless gloved hand. "Ants?" He questions scratching his head. His cigaret propped on his lip to the side.

Wake up. Or else they'll get you. . .

"My original creations, liver with fried veggies, stewed green veg with meat, minced fish, and many others." Kaien Cross says happy with his work. "How is it? Nice?" He questions, but Yuki and Zero eat silently.

"Such a rare occasion that the four of us are able to gather to eat! Well, if Alondra wasn't asleep it'd be the four of us! I worked so hard to make those dishes! Mother is so sad! Heartbroken!" Kaien drops to the ground and mopes, while the other two continue to eat.

"Never mind, at least the both of you are eating up. Make sure to save some for Alondra." He says to them.

"She doesn't like this, you know?" Yuki reminds him. "You know how picky she is with her food." Yuki also reminds him of that detail.

"I already made her something." Zero says a little quietly, but Yuki picked up on it.

"You did? That's so sweet." He blushes, and eats his food.

"Did anything happen to you outside? Alondra's injury. . ." Both of them tense up, and don't say a thing.

"Why we took care of that vampire? If you want to know, come to the back of the Moon Dorm at late night. Don't you want to know the details?" Yuki recalls Ichijo having had told her as they had returned to the academy.

"Her injuries are. . ."

"Can I say it to Headmaster Cross? Zero didn't mention anything about what happened, either." Yuki thinks to herself.

I head over to the dining room knowing that is where everyone would be at. I don't even remember falling asleep. I stay in the shadows listening. I feel the atmosphere change.

"Did something happen while you were in town?" I tense up.

"Alondra, you were injured, right?" Headmaster calls out with a louder voice. I blink in surprise. He knew I was there. I sigh and show myself.

"I was running and bumped into a sharp object. That's all." I say staying by the doorway.

"Well that's odd. Was that scratch the reason you returned unconscious?" He asks me not believing me.

"I was tired no big deal. I'm fine now." I say, but my voice sounded as exhausted as I felt.

"Alondra, you don't have to keep things to yourself. Please tell us what's wrong." Yuki pleads with me as she stands up turning towards me.

"Nothing's wrong. Just because I change something about me doesn't mean anything." I say coldly. I can't let them be involved with my problems.

"Alondra." Yuki says taking a step towards me. I cross my arms giving her a look that says 'don't come near me' and that makes her take that step back.

"Oh!" Headmaster says startling us both. "I forgot! Here Zero." He says tossing a container with blood tablets in them. "You'll be out of them soon, right?" He asks Zero. Our eyes meet, and then he looks away and I can see the disgust he feels just having the tablets in his hand.