Chapter 24

People Ishin is just a random person I made up. -_- So stop asking me who he is.

___________________________________________________________

"I thought that I had the letter of recommendation from the Council, and I've already passed the entry test and interview. Why do I have to be here?" Ichiru questions as he enters Kaien Cross's office.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, but I want to introduce you to this person here from the Moon Dorm." Kaien says with a great big yawn, showing Kaname to him.

"I guess it's nice to meet you, Ichiru Kiryu." Kaname says looking back at him.

"What does the head of the Moon Dorm want with me? Do you want me to become one of the pieces of your game?" Ichiru questions with a smirk, but then goes serious. "How troublesome! Just because you guys live forever is why it always looks like you are looking for something to mess with."

"Troublesome or not, you are in the game for sure. Who are you aiming at?" Kaname questions Ichiru.

"Even if you know it, you still can't do anything about it, right?" Ichiru answers back.

"I'm not a hunter, just a normal human, so you can't do anything to me, right? That's why the Council of Ancients is using me, but if I'm in your way, then why don't you just remove me once and for all?" Ichiru says with a smirk before walking out of the office.

"Hm, don't you think it's bold of me to gather children like him here that play with fire?" Kaien questions putting a hand to his face.

"You are right.. This is the place that you built to accomplish your belief of pacifism. I'm not thinking of destroying it either." Kaname assures him.

"Of course I trust you, because I will most definitely make that woman's wish come true." Kaien removes his glasses.

"Enough already! Have you forgotten? Even if we are vampires, we still can feel the sadness that humans feel."

Kaien recalls the woman, who has holding two bundles in her arms. Pleading sadly with him, tears building up in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I haven't forgotten the promise that I made with you on the day that the Night Class was established." Kaien wipes his glasses clean.

"That the final decision having anything to do with vampires inside of the academy will go to Kaname." Kaien says, putting his glasses on again.

"But about Alondra and Yuki's matter. I'm a little worried about what you want to do with them. Who would've known you wanted Yuki to become your lover?"

"No please don't hurt me." I plead to the shadow man as he smiles down at me.

"I can't lose you to him. You're mine forever." He whispers. His voice is starting to sound familiar, but I can't place a face with that voice.

"No stop!" I scream as he nears my neck. I feel his tongue savoring the taste of my skin.

His fangs finally pierce my neck.

"NO!" I yell and along with my scream I hear Yuki scream.

"Yuki! Alondra!" I hear Yori through Yuki's screaming. I grab at my neck that is throbbing. I can't even swallow from how dry my throat is.

"My head hurts!" Yuki screams. Yori tries to comfort both of us. I stand up and run out of our dorm. Yori calls after me, but I ignore her.

Once I make it to the fountain, I fall to my knees on the ground. I rest my head on the fountain. I touch where the shadow man bit me. I feel for puncture wounds, but there are none. I breathe heavily swallowing the cold air.