Let downs

A-troupe rehearses as a group in studio a.

-Rebecca's Talking Head-

"Everything's coming along nicely. Most dances are where I need them to be this close to nationals. There is still the problem of Heath and Izzy's duet, but I've decided to teach it to Jude and Marcus so if they can't get it together I'll have another option."

-End of Talking Head-

The rehearsals end and Pete approaches Marcus and Ethan.

"Hey guys I can't make it tonight. My little sister's sick and I've got to take care of her," he says.

"Oh that's okay."

"Yeah it's no problem," Ethan adds. Pete walks away.

"Guess it's just the two of us," Marcus turns to Ethan.

"Yeah. See you at six?"

"For sure." They walk out of the studio together.

Cleo sits on a bench outside the building Acronation practices in.

-Cleo's Talking Head-

"I'm really happy to be going to nationals, but I do kind of miss my old team. It's lonely here without Jude."

-End of Talking Head-

"Hey Cleo we're going to get lunch. Wanna come?" Simone asks as a few other team members walk out of the building.

"Yeah sure." She hops up from the bench and walks with them.

"Do you think we'll start working on a new dance today?" Shad asks Richelle while they warm up.

"I don't know. We haven't had a rehearsal for just the group dance in a while so maybe we won't be."

"I hope it's just the group dance, I'm still not sure of the choreo," Shad responds.

"Yeah it's difficult," Richelle chuckles, looking down.

-Richelle's Talking Head-

"I like talking to Shad, it's just that usually I talk to Ozzy before rehearsals. I'm glad I got to talk to Ozzy yesterday, but I still feel like things aren't the same."

-End of Talking Head-

Ozzy sits with Kingston and Lola on the other side of the room.

"Hey Lola I remember Michelle mentioning there'll be a hip hop small group coming up. Do you want to work with me?" Kingston asks.

"Totally," she replies, smiling.

"Great. Kenzie and Ozzy already said they'd work  with me too," Kingston says.

-Lola's Talking Head-

"It's nice talking to Kingston and Ozzy again and I really liked dancing with Kingston a couple years ago so I think we could make a really good dance."

-End of Talking Head-

"Okay so we need one more person. Do you want to ask Richelle?" Lola asks, raising her eyebrows at Ozzy.

-Lola's Talking Head-

"Richelle keeps telling me her and Ozzy are only friends, but I'm not oblivious, I see the way she looks at him."

-End of Talking Head-

"We could try, but it seems like her and Shad might work together. Plus Kenzie's friends with Nora so it might be better to ask Nora," Kingston replies.

Lola glares at him.

Ozzy stays silent.

Michelle and Emily walk in.

"Hey everyone, today we're just going to work on the group routine, but tomorrow we will have you all create hip hop small groups so you'll have to split yourselves into two groups," Michelle greets.

Richelle and Shad look at each other.

"Do you want to work with me tomorrow?" Shad asks.

Richelle glances over at Ozzy, but quickly looks away. "Yeah sure."

"Great."

They start rehearsal on the group dance.

Richelle approaches Ozzy after rehearsal.

"Hey Oz, do you want to work on the duet tomorrow?" She asks, picking up her bag.

"Oh yeah sure."

"Would you guys want somebody to give feedback?" Shad asks walking over.

"That's a good idea. Michelle and Emily haven't seen our dance in a while," Ozzy replies.

"Oh yeah, thanks Shad." Richelle smiles at Ozzy. The two leave together.

-Richelle's Talking Head-

"I don't know if Shad was talking about Michelle and Emily, but it feels like forever since I saw Ozzy alone."

-End of Talking Head-

"Is there anything we still have to change? Ozzy asks looking at Richelle.

"No I don't think so. If there's anything we think of we can do it tomorrow."

"Ok, see you then."

"Bye, Ozzy." Ozzy packs up his stuff and goes, leaving Richelle and Shad alone in the studio.

"Hey Richelle." Richelle turns back to Shad as she's going to leave.

"Can I ask you something?" Shad sits down on the bench behind him.

"Yeah sure. What's up?" Richelle comes to stand beside the bench.

-Shad's Talking Head-

"I've been wanting to ask Richelle out for a while. I thought for a bit that her and Ozzy might be dating, but they don't seem as close anymore."

-End of Talking Head-

"I was wondering if you want to go to a movie with me?" Shad asks.

"Oh I uh, Shad that's a nice idea, uhm wow that is not what I was expecting." Richelle trails off.

-Richelle's Talking Head-

"Okay so maybe I should've seen that coming but it really caught me off guard. I guess with the team and everything going on with Ozzy, I haven't been paying much attention to Shad. But I don't like him like that, not even a little bit."

-End of Talking Head-

"You know, I would but with dance and everything I'm just so busy. And I don't like letting anything distract me," Richelle rambles, trying to find an explanation.

"It's okay. I get it you're focused on dance, it's cool," Shad responds with a tight lipped smile.

"Yeah, well I better go. I have to be home soon. See you tomorrow," Richelle says, backing away towards the door.

"Yeah see you."

Richelle's hit Lola's contact before she's even out the door.

"Lola you will not believe what just happened," Richelle says as she walks down the street. She gets in her car and puts Lola on speaker.

"What is it?" Lola asks, as she walks home.

"Shad just asked me out!" Richelle says.

"What really? When?" Lola squeals.

"Yes, just now when I was about to leave."

"You don't sound excited. Did you say no to him?"

"I did, but I don't know why. I mean I just wasn't expecting it, I just thought we were friends," Richelle responds.

"That's fair. As long as he isn't being a jerk about it, don't worry. Things should go back to normal after a while."

"I guess. Thanks Lola." Richelle and Lola say goodbye and hang up.

-Richelle's Talking Head-

"I still don't know why I rejected Shad. Obviously I don't need a reason, but when I talked to him the first time after not seeing him for so long I thought I sorta liked him. What changed?"

-End of Talking Head-