Figuring Things Out

Cleo walks through the door to a new studio building. It's clearly newer than The Next Step, but seems a bit smaller. She pushes open a blue door revealing a studio.

-Cleo's Talking Head-

"I'm going to the auditions for Acronation today. I've sent Jude a bunch of messages since yesterday, but she hasn't responded so I'm not gonna wait for her."

-End Of Talking Head-

There are a good amount of dancers already warming up. Some that we know, Simone, Tye, and some other dancers from the regionals team, but there are a lot of new dancers too. After they warm up for a few minutes, a man enters the room from a side door.

"Welcome dancers. It's a pleasure to have you all. Let's not waste any time. I'll start the music and you can show me what you got." The man is young, can't be older than 30 and he has dark brown hair.

-Cleo's Talking Head-

"I searched the studio heads name online and apparently he's the son of a successful studio owner who was eventually banned from competitions because of biased judging."

-End Of Talking Head-

All the dancers stand at the back of the room and he calls out the first group.

"Group 1: Will, Eva, Simone, Jack, and Ben." The dancers begin their auditions, each one has their own solo section before joining the group choreography.

The next two groups go before Cleo's called in the last group. She dances and when she finishes she feels good about her chances. The studio head leaves for a few minutes and then comes back with a list in his hand.

"I will put this list up. If your names on it congratulations, if not better luck next time." He smiles and pins the list up to the wall. All the dancers crowd it. When Cleo finally gets a good look she sees the names on it.

Simone, Will, David, Mike, Emma, Abigail, Alexandra, Jake, Cleo, and Liam.

-Cleo's Talking Head-

"I'm so happy I made the team. This is awesome! I get to go to Nationals."

-End Of Talking Head-

A good amount of dancers were on the old team, but a few cuts were made.

-Ty's Talking Head-

"I can't believe I didn't make it. I thought I had a great audition. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now."

-End Of Talking Head-

At The Next Step, A-troupe are warming up for rehearsal.

-Jude's Talking Head-

"Cleo said she was going to an audition today, that might be why she's not here. I didn't actually think she would go through with it. I guess we're really over if she's planning on going against us at Nationals."

- End of Talking Head-

"Listen up everyone," Rebecca announces, as she leaves her office. "I just got a call from Acronation. Apparently Cleo left to join their team." Whispers of shock burst through the room. Rebecca motions for silence. "This of course means we are down an alternate. I will be asking any B-troupers that are still here, but if they are busy I may have more auditions. Other than that I need to assign the jazz small group. There will be no auditions, I have already decided who will be in the dance. In the dance will be Maya, Ethan, Grace, Winnie, Pete, and Jude."

The team congratulates the chosen dancers and Rebecca instructs Izzy to start rehearsal.

"Okay guys, we should work on cleaning the group routine. We want it perfect." Everyone gets in position and begins to dance. Rebecca walks back into her office.