Moving Too Fast Part 1

A-troupe is rehearsing in studio A.

-Rebecca's Talking Head-

"Nationals is only two weeks away. Today I'm going to decide who gets the alternate spot out of Finn and Lily. I don't have enough time to find outside dancers, but they both agreed to audition."

-End Of Talking Head-

Finn dances first. He flips and shows off his good moves, but he's not dancing his best.

-Finn's Talking Head-

"I can't stop thinking about yesterday. Piper was so vulnerable with me and I couldn't even respond. She looked so upset. I have to talk to her soon. I don't want her to worry, but first I have to figure out how I feel. I like Piper, I've always liked Piper, but love that's a big step I wasn't expecting."

-End Of Talking Head-

Lily goes next. She does acro and contemporary.

"Thank you both. Nick and I will go discuss." Rebecca and Nick walk back to the office.

"What do you think?" Nick asks.

"Lily."

"That fast?"

"Yes. She was better. She has more stage presence and she's more versatile. Do you think differently?"

"No. That's good. We can go back out then?" Nick asks, unsure.

"Yes."

"We've made a decision." Nick nods beside her. "The spot is going to Lily. Thank you for coming Finn. We appreciate it."

"Congrats," Finn turns to Lily.

"Thank you."

"Lily I will need you to attend the rehearsal for the jazz routine and the group routine at 2:00. Piper will be here as well. She will teach you."

Rebecca watches the jazz routine.

"That's getting better everyone. Grace you still need to give more energy in that section. We need to keep the audience engaged. You're all just doing the steps, you have the routine clean now give me some personality."

Lily and Piper stand at the side of the studio. Piper is teaching Lily.

By the end of rehearsal everyone is exhausted except for Ethan. Marcus walks into the studio.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks.

"Yep." Ethan grabs his bag and follows Marcus out of the studio.

-Marcus's Talking Head-

"Ethan and I finally have our duet competition. We tried to find something that was happening earlier then this, but we couldn't. It took a lot of convincing to get Rebecca to agree to allow us to go so close to nationals."

-End Of Talking Head-

Marcus stands backstage in costume, watching the other acts.

"Getting nervous?" Ethan calls making him jump. "You better not be, we have to win."

"Me? Nervous? Yeah right. We are so going to win. But say hypothetically if I was nervous how would I deal with that?" Marcus asks, his gaze unmoving from the stage.

"Just remember the how meaningless this really is. Sure we want to win, but nothing will happen if we don't."

"Right. Thanks," he adds, begrudgingly.

The duet they're watching finishes and they're called up next.

They perform before walking off to watch the other performances.