Rising Tension

So far I'm keeping each chapter to each episode in the webtoon. After chapter/ episode 9 I don't know if that'll be the case since I'll be looking at the manhwa online on a different website since the rest of the webtoon is under daily pass.

An awkward silence fell onto the table after what Sun-mi and Kyungseok said to Suah

An awkward silence fell onto the table after what Sun-mi and Kyungseok said to Suah. Even those who felt bad for Mirae for getting put on the spot by Suah's question were stunned by the two's boldness.

Suah fell silent as she stared down the two thinking of why this was happening. She wasn't inexperienced when it came to these type of things but she'd never have two people approach her like this.

"Oh..." Suah muttered, feigning she understood what they were talking about. "Are you talking about this party? 🌸 Of course it's fun! 💕" She exclaimed happily, a wide smile on her face.

The other people sweat dropped and awkwardly laughed at her words. They thought that she was really that naive to understand what was happening. All Sun-mi saw was yet another mean girl who was admittedly a lot better at manipulating people, and to situation, to her advantage.

Sun-mi frowned, looked off to the side and frowned. "You're so boring. It's not even worth the effort," She said, rubbing the side of her neck and using one elbow to hold herself up.

Suah's smile twitched down into a frown at Sun-mi's cold words and dismissive behavior. She quickly fixed up her expression but Kyungseok had already seen the crack in her armor.

"Very funny... I must say, what you're doing here is pure entertainment," He said to Suah, a mocking smirk on his face.

Suah stared back at him feigning innocence. "I-I'm sorry? I have no idea what you're talking about..."

"Oh I'm sure you don't," Kyungseok retorted, silently challenging her. He still would have preferred to leave with Sun-mi but now this boring outing was actually beginning to look entertaining.

Perhaps Kyungseok didn't expect it but Sun-mi had as she figured Suah would pull some stunt to get everyone on her side quickly. And she was right when she and everyone else watched Suah suddenly burst into tears. It was as if a heavy weight dropped on everyone as they immediately began panicking over Suah while the drinking duo sat there, unaffected by her tears.

"S-Suah!!! A-are you okay?"

"Are you okay? Here, take this tissue!"

Sun-mi couldn't understand why everyone was reacting so extremely to Suah shedding a few tears. Even if she did convince everyone she was naive and sweet did they really have to go this far for a girl crying over something so minuscule?