The Bar

Coming in with the second chapter to get this steam rolling. If anyone ever asks no I'm not a graphic designer or anything. I just wanted something to spruce up the chapter and made a banner.

 I just wanted something to spruce up the chapter and made a banner

A Lady Lost (Bar)

The after-orientation party was lame, all things considered. Sun-mi was only really there for Kyungseok and to get drunk, but the silver-haired bitch she called her friend cut her off after two drinks.

"I'm not dealing with a blacked-out drunk you again. You can get tipsy, but I need you to be able to call a cab for yourself."

Just the memory alone pissed her off to no end. And yet... "Are you trying to break a world record or something?" She asked Kyungseok, looking over his table full of beer bottles.

He, too, looked over the pile and shrugged. "People kept buying me them, so why not?" He asked, as if it weren't frightening that he was still fine after drinking so much.

"Either you have a liver of steel or you have a drinking problem," Sun-mi said, swirling her last glass of whiskey around. If Kyungseok wasn't being such a mother tonight, she would be getting plastered right now. "You tell me to stay sober, but you can get drunk? How's that fair?"

"It's different if you get drunk or if I do. You're more likely to hurt yourself, like an idiot or someone who doesn't know you're an annoying shit and then tries to take advantage of you," Kyungseok told her, casually putting an arm around the back of her chair. He'd done so for years, and the habit didn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

He stiffened, feeling his cheek getting pinched and stretched. The smell from before reached his nose again, making him experience something akin to tunnel vision. "Aw, you do care about me! And here I thought I was just your token friend," Sun-mi said, fake gushing over his words. She had no idea that her old friend was having a brain malfunction over her new perfume smell, seeing as how she thought he already knew about it.

After all, she did ask him to pick between two perfume samples for her. Was he on the phone with his sister and busy helping her with summer work, so he was only really paying half attention to what she was saying? Yes, but it was his attempt at acting like he didn't care, but he did, that really mattered.

Once Kyungseok got his senses back he moved his head away from her and gently slapped her hand away from her cheek. "What is it with you and the casual touching?" He asked her, turning back to his half finished beer bottle.

"How are you still not used to it after seven years of knowing me?" Sun-mi asked him, leaning back in her chair. A part of her wished she left Kyungseok to mingle with the girls she met that morning but cliques already seemed to have been created and she and Kyungseok were left with each other once again.

"Of course!"

"Hey... don't try anything funny, okay?"

Sun-mi turned around at the noise seeing it was coming from the table where the purple haired girl, Suah, was at. She frowned at the girl finding her similar to that of the rockfish from the nature documentary she forced Kyungseok to watch with her over the summer. Venomous and yet a master of disguise. Despite how innocent Suah looked and made herself seem Sun-mi got the feeling she was going to cause the most trouble out of everyone in the class.