Perfection

Regina had about five weeks left in her pregnancy and she was starting to get very uncomfortable. She had difficulty sleeping, her back was always hurting, and she could no longer see her feet. The glamor of being pregnant was gone and she couldn't wait for Willow to come into the world.

Robin was still very supportive and took excellent care of her. He gave her back and foot massages every other night and brought her anything she was craving. He helped her get comfortable at night as best as he could, placing pillows under her legs and rubbing her back and belly.

Regina got heartburn often so he kept Tums nearby and always stayed up with her until she felt better. She asked Snow and Emma if they had heartburn when they were pregnant and Emma actually had more to say on the subject.

"They say you get heartburn if the baby has a lot of hair. Henry had a decent amount when he was born and I had killer heartburn. So I'd bet Willow is going to have a full head of gorgeous brown locks," she laughed.

One night in the middle of her 35th week of pregnancy, Regina was especially uncomfortable. She tossed and turned, her legs cramping. She decided to get up and draw herself a bath. Robin was so worn out from taking care of her and the children that he could sleep through a tornado.

She stood in the bathroom wrapped in her robe waiting for the tub to fill with water. Suddenly, she felt liquid running down her leg and a sharp pain to her pelvis. She looked down and noticed a pool of clear liquid had formed at her feet.

Regina panicked. Her water couldn't break. She was only 35 weeks. It was too soon for the baby to be coming. She was hit hard with another contraction and she collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain. She breathed in and out, focusing on breathing the pain away. When the contraction was gone, she tried to stand up, but couldn't. Not out of pain, but she physically wasn't able to with her big belly in the way.

"Robin," she called out, knowing it would be hopeless. She waved her hand and the bathroom door swung open. She focused hard and clapped her hands together, magic making the clap echo in Robin's ears.

He shot up, nearly falling out of bed. He immediately looked to Regina's side of the bed and saw she was gone. He stood up and ran to the bathroom, finding her on the floor.

"We need to go. Now," she said.

"What happened? Are you alright," he asked helping her up with clear panic in his voice.

"She's coming."

"The baby? She can't be coming. It's too soon," he said walking her to the bed and running around to find clothes for her.

"I don't know what to tell you, Robin. This baby wants out," she gritted her teeth through another contraction. Robin pulled a night gown over his wife and wrapped her in her robe, giving her an extra layer to protect her from the chilly spring air. He picked up the hospital bag Regina had packed weeks ago to prepare for this day.

"Can you walk or do you need me to carry you," he asked, helping her walk to the top of the stairs.

"Get the car packed and tell Henry to sleep with Roland tonight so he doesn't get scared in the morning," she said. "I'll start making my way downstairs."

Robin nodded and did as he was told. Henry sleepily walked out of his room and toward Roland's.

"Good luck, Mom," he said with a yawn. Regina almost laughed, but felt another contraction.

"They're really close together, Robin," she said. "We have to go."

He ran downstairs and pulled the car to the front door. She met him at the bottom of the stairs and he lifted her into his arms. He placed her in the front seat and closed her door. She waved her hand to lock the front door and put a protection spell around the house; her own version of a security system.