Willow

Regina kept the necklace on her nightstand and stared at it each night before bed. She was so tempted to use it, but part of her was frightened to find that it wouldn't move at all. That something terrible would happen and she would lose the baby and that necklace would predict that.

Months were passing and her belly was growing. Regina always had a smaller frame so she began showing immediately. She was nearing the end of her first trimester when she finally told Robin about the necklace.

"What are we waiting for," Robin asked.

"I'm scared it won't move at all," she admitted.

"Regina, my love, if it doesn't move we will deal with it. We will call the doctor, put you back on bed rest. Whatever it takes, I won't let us lose this baby," he said with the necklace in his hand.

She nodded and held out her hand. She refused to look so Robin took one for the team and watched as he held it over her hand. The necklace stood still for a moment and his heart sank. What if she was right?

Suddenly, it began to move. At first it was unclear, moving in a rapid circle. After a few seconds, it slowed down and he saw the direction in which it was moving.

"Regina, look," he whispered and she opened her eyes, looking down at her hand. "East to west."

"It's a girl," Regina exclaimed. "Robin! We're having a little girl!"

She jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around him. He laughed and spun her around. He never expected her to be so excited, but he couldn't be more thrilled. Just the thought of a little version of his wife brought a smile to his face.

Once they were finally able to calm down, they lay close to one another in their bed. Regina lay on her back and Robin lay on his side with his arms wrapped around her. He lifted her shirt to reveal her ever growing baby bump. He kissed it and rest his head on it, rubbing her belly with his hand. She ran her fingers through his hair and smiled.

"What are we going to name our little princess," Robin said, talking to Regina's belly.

"I have some ideas, but I'm not sure I like them," she said. He turned his head to look at her while keeping his lips close to her belly. "I thought maybe Raven or Melinda."

"They're not bad, but maybe not fitting for a Locksley," Robin shook his head with a laugh.

"Well, I'm open to any suggestions," she said, tapping his head playfully.

"How about Willow," he asked. Silence filled the room as Regina took in the name. Willow Locksley. That wasn't bad. She was impressed.

"What's the significance of Willow," she asked him.

"They're the most resilient tree in existence and are even said to have magical properties. I've lived through many wars and have never seen a fallen Willow tree. If our daughter is anything like you, she'll be strong and beautiful. Too strong for names like Raven and Melinda. She needs something as powerful and withstanding as Willow."

Regina was shocked at how much thought he put into naming their child. She couldn't imagine her daughter with any other name.

"Willow Locksley," she said aloud.

"We also first met under a Willow tree," he mentioned.

"Did we really?"

"We did, indeed. And Willows have always been my favorite," he said with a smile.

"I guess there's no debate then," she said with a smile. "Willow it is."