Picnic in the Park

"I'm sorry, Robin. I know it's wonderful that we're free of her, but the idea of raising a baby together was exciting," she said, taking his hand.

"We'll deal with it, my love," he replied with a smile.

They sat there for a moment, taking each other in.

"How about a picnic in the park," he suggested.

"I'd love that," she said.

They finished getting dressed and packed a basket and a few blankets. Their walk to the park was a pleasant one, filled with comfortable silences, brief conversations, and loving glances. Robin unfolded the blankets and Regina opened the basket to set up their picnic.

They sat together, staring out at the lake watching the ducks as they ate their food. When they were done eating, Regina leaned back against him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently on the head, taking in the scent of apple crisp he loved so much.

Suddenly, Regina shouted out in pain. She doubled over into a fetal position against him. Robin was frantic.

"Regina, what is it, my love," he asked, watching her cry out.

"It's like before," she yelled through her tears. She was pulling at her pelvis, wanting desperately for the pain to stop.

"What do you mean," he asked and looked down to where she was grabbing. Robin froze. Blood was pooling between her legs, rushing out of her like a river. He lifted her into his arms and started to run.

Adrenaline coursed through his veins. The only thought in his mind was getting Regina to a hospital. He left the picnic set at the park and ran until he couldn't anymore and even then he pushed on.

"Robin," she said through gritted teeth.

"You're going to be okay," he replied.

"No, I'm not," she whispered.

"Just hold on. I won't lose you."

He was out of breath when they arrived at Storybrooke Medical. He burst through the doors to the Emergency Room, shouting frantically.

"Someone, please help!"

A nurse rushed forward with a gurney, but Robin was hesitant to put her down. He wanted her close to him. He couldn't lose her.

"Sir, please. Put her down so we can help her," the nurse said.

Robin placed her on the bed and she curled into herself, crying out. Tears streamed down her face and she writhed around in pain. He'd never seen her so vulnerable in front of other people.

"What happened," the nurse asked as she started wheeling her into a room. Robin followed closely, holding Regina's hand in his.

"We were at the park. Everything was fine and then she started screaming. There was so much blood," he said, tears streaming down his face. He looked down and realized he was covered in her blood. He began shaking. Could this be it? Could this be the day he lost her forever?

Just then a doctor rushed in and saw the sight before him.

"Nurse, please escort her husband out. We'll have to perform emergency surgery to stop the bleeding and figure out what's going on," he said and got to work on making Regina as comfortable as possible. The nurse began escorting him out.

"No, I can't leave her. Please," he begged.

"We'll take care of her, sir. Please wait here and I'll be back to update you when we know more."

"You don't understand. I can't lose her. Not again," he cried and collapsed into a chair. The nurse took his hand and gave it a squeeze before exiting to help save Regina's life.