A Change of Heart

Regina and Robin returned home to their mansion. He decided to cook them a nice lunch while Regina went upstairs for a bath. It was a long morning with a lot to take in.

The water felt warm on her skin and she sighed at the sensation. She lifted her hair into a ponytail and lay back, relaxing her worries away for a brief moment. She stared up at the ceiling and placed her hands over her belly.

They could have a baby. This was really happening. They could make it happen. Their family could grow. Henry and Roland got along so well, they would love another playmate. Robin might have his hands full when Regina went back to work, but he spent years raising Roland alone. This would be a walk in the park compared to that. And Regina was a single mom until now. She knew the difficulties of doing it alone. Now she wouldn't have to. She wouldn't have to do anything alone for the rest of her life.

Suddenly her heart opened up to the idea of a wedding. Exchanging vows, dancing their first dance: on the dance floor and in the bedroom.

Robin stood in the doorframe, admiring the beautiful woman before him. Her smile was ear to ear as she was lost in her thoughts, still blissfully unaware that he was staring at her.

"What are you thinking about," he asked. She jumped and placed her hand on her chest.

"Don't scare me like that," she breathed out heavily. She splashed him with bath water and he jumped back laughing.

"I'm sorry milady. All those years hiding from you in the woods. Sneaking around is an old habit," he walked forward smiling. He knelt down beside her and ran his hand on her back. "But seriously, what's on your mind?"

She looked into his deep blue eyes. Her chocolate brown eyes glistening from the light reflecting off the water. She couldn't stop smiling as she looked at him. In that moment she was absolutely certain: this man was going to be her husband.

"You did it again, Mr. Locksley," she whispered, placing her hand on his cheek.

"What's that?"

"Changed my mind," she said and kissed him gently.

"Wait, do you mean," he tried to say, but she stopped him with another kiss.

"Let's get married."

"Wait here," he said and ran into the bedroom.

"Robin, what are you doing?"

He returned and got down on one knee next to the bath tub.

"I have to ask you properly," he said and pulled a small box out from behind his back.

Regina put her hand over her mouth. This man knew her too well. He knew she would give in and he was prepared for that.

"Regina Mills: my soulmate, my lover, my best friend. From the first moment I set eyes on you in the Enchanted Forest, I knew you were special. I have had the privilege of getting to know you and to protect you and to love you with all my heart. You have stood by me in the hardest time in my life and I only hope I have done the same for you and that I will continue to do that for you. You are an outstanding mother to our children and I can't imagine my life without you in it. With that being said, it would be my highest honor if you would become my wife. Regina, will you marry me?"

"Yes," she whispered and he placed the ring on her finger, tears streaming down her face. "Absolutely, yes,"

Overjoyed, Robin rolled into the bath fully clothed, kissing Regina passionately. She laughed and wrapped her arms around him: Robin Locksley, her fiancé.

Regina Locksley. It had a nice ring to it.