Salt and Pepper (Part 2)

(Enjoy this part two cause I kinda made the first part a little angsty.. ((also writing this for a certain someone (((you know who you are))) )

It was a few days after the whole Oj incident, Salt still refuses to leave her room, she didn't want to run into Oj, or talk to anyone, she knew people would make fun of her, that people would tease her for being so blind and oblivious, I mean no duh.. she couldn't even tell a gay guy was gay, and everyone would tease her.. everyone but Pepper. Now that Salt thought about it, Pepper has been taking care of her for this whole time, bringing her food and water, making sure she slept, etc.. "Salt ?" Pepper said, "Huh-?" Salt replied, "You look like, lost in thought, are you like, okay..??" Pepper said, "Oh, yeah, yeah !! I like, am totally okay !" Salt replied, which wasn't a complete lie, she's felt better after Peppers help, sure she's not completely over the whole Oj incident, but she still feels better.. "Oh, okay, like, good !!!" Pepper said, smiling a bit at her, Salt smiled back, "Oh ! And like, Salt, I have like, a question !!" Pepper said, "Like, yeahhh ??" Salt replied. "I know you don't like, want to leave the hotel, BUTTT, I was like, thinking we could go out for like, a picnic !! It would be like, a nice little trip !" Pepper said, "Ehh.." Salt was hesitant, she didn't want to run into anyone, especially Oj. "Cmon Salty Salt.. like, pleaseee !! You need like, some fresh air anyway !! You've been like, cooped up in here.." Pepper said, "Fine,," Salt replied. "WOOO !!" Pepper says while standing up, "I'll go get food and stuff, get ready !! I'll be back soon !!" Pepper said, and then she left the room.

Salt was left alone, she stood up, grabbed her shoes and put them on. God what if I like, do run into someone.. She thought, while walking over to her vanity, grabbing some makeup, looking into the mirror and then putting the makeup on her face. Wow I like, needed this.. I look like a mess.. She continued thinking, Oh god, Pepper like, saw me like this !! I let my own like, beautiful best friend see me like,, like this !! She finished putting on her makeup There.. at least I look better now.. She thought, she went back over to her bed and sat down, she couldn't lie, she was nervous about leaving, she didn't want to be seen by anyone, nor did she want to talk to anyone, she couldn't deal with being humiliated. At least she had Pepper, Pepper made her feel safe and secure, and she knew that she could always count on her. Gosh, what would she do without her ?

Soon, Pepper came back in, she had a picnic basket with her aswell, "Are you like, ready to go ??" Pepper asked, "I.. I like, think so !!" Salt said while standing up, Pepper grabbed her hand and smiled at her, it was one of those reassuring smiles, letting her know it was going to be okay. Pepper lead her out through their room and downstairs, Pepper snuck her way to the exit and outside, bringing Salt along with her every step, making sure nobody saw the two, mainly to hide Salt from everyone else so she wouldn't be made fun of or teased or anything like that, Salt realized this, and was smiling a bit just because of her and her kindness,

Soon, they made it to the picnic spot, which was a nice hill that had a beautiful view of the sun, which would be setting soon, Pepper set up the picnic blanket and put the picnic basket down, She sat down and patted on a spot next to her, Salt sat down next to her, "Wow.. this place is like, really nice.." Salt says, "I like, know right !! I wanted to make sure it was like, nice, just for you !!" Pepper said, smiling a bit, Salt smiled back, gosh, Pepper was always so sweet towards her, she really appreciated Pepper, doing everything in her power just to make sure she's okay,, "Thank you like, for this,," Salt said, "No like, Problem !!! It's something special for like, a special girl !!" Pepper replied. "Special ??" Salt said, "Yeah !!" Pepper replied, "Pfft,, you're like, funny Pepper.." Salt said, she thought that Pepper was joking, "I'm not like, joking.." Pepper replied. "Yeah like, right, how am I like, special ??" Salt said, "How are you like, not ?? You're sweet, and like, kind, and pretty, no, like, beautiful !! You like, look amazing and I like, love your looks !! I just love you in like general !!-." Pepper immediately covers her mouth with one hand, but the truth already slipped out. Salt sat there, shocked. Did she really just hear that ?? Her best friend loves her ?? "I.. I'm like, so sorry I-" Pepper began, "Pepper,, do you actually like, mean that.." Salt said. Pepper just slowly nodded her head yes. And without thinking, Salt just pulled Peppers hand away from her mouth and kissed her. "I like, like you too.." Salt said. Pepper was shocked, her face turned a bright shade of red. "I don't know like, how I didn't realize it like, sooner.. but I like, do.." Salt said. "You.. you do ?" Pepper said "I do !" Salt replied. Pepper hugged her tightly, Salt hugged her back. Pepper couldn't believe that this was happening, she was overjoyed, her best friend actually liked, no, loved her back, and she wasn't dreaming or anything, this was real, and it was happening, right here, as the sun set. "I like, love you.." Pepper said, "I like, love you too," Salt replied. Pepper cupped Salts face and kissed it, Salt, while turning a shade of bright red, just kissed her back. Salt was extremely happy, she was loved, loved by someone who she loves back.

(I got really distracted halfway through this so it kinda got worse.. blame the new tpot episode, not me../j)