Chapter 19 - I will never miss the lessons in class but the memories in it

"Smile!" Mom clicked the camera as Louis and I were all smiles.

"I can't believe it. My baby is growing up." She dramatically sob and my dad hugged her in his chest.

"Mom, I'm just going to college, I'm not going to the moon! Besides, Louis will take care of me." I rubbed her hand as I smile cheekily.

This is it. The graduation ceremony just ended minutes ago and the field is full of people taking pictures with the graduates of Sherwood High. Louis' parents weren't able to attend, which made me feel sad, but he doesn't mind at all. So he celebrated with us since he's considered a family now.

I am more than happy and excited. It feels like I am floating in the moment and I want to keep things like this forever. I applied to Brockwick University in London for my degree on English Literature and Louis will go back recording with his band. Everything seemed to be in place. Even my bruises are now fading except my knees which I covered with a dress. Park seemed to have moved on from his crush to me and started dating his tutor's daughter. Beth and Lily will go overseas, Rose is improving and Amanda's being nice to everyone.

Everything feels so perfect. Louis and I finally matured from what happened and decided to continue what we are. I am not really sure if we're going to be together for a long time, but I wish we would. He's my home away from home. Every time I spent with him is the best and I wouldn't have it any other way. People may say it's just a petty highscool love and we'll end just after we widen our circle. It might be. But right now, all I see is him. All I see is his sea green eyes staring back at me with love. All I see is his shining smile that got me whipped, hard. All I see is Louis.

"Well, I expect the both of you to behave okay?" Dad clutched Louis' shoulder and gave him a gentle shake.

"Yes sir." Louis answered shakily.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's eat! I am starving." I nudged mom and she giggled with me.

"Let's go kids."

We walked towards the car and I looked back once more. Right, I have to do something.

"Mom, can you wait with dad in the car? I'll just swing by somewhere." They all nodded and I dragged Louis with me.

"Where are yo-" he stopped as he realized where we're going.

Both of us stopped in front of the old fountain. My heart swells with happiness and sentiment at the same time.

"This is where I first talked to you." I whispered to Louis as he embraced me from behind.

"This is our lunch spot." He whispered back and stood in front of me. I smiled cheekily and took out a marker I've hidden under my dress.

I approached the old fountain, knelt down and started scribbling.

Louis + Rafaella

       2015

I looked back to Louis and he seemed so please. I stood up and he grabbed my waist and nudged me closer to his body.

He placed a strand of hair at the back of my ear and stared at me with so much love.

"I love you Raf."

"Always." And I leaned forward so our lips could meet.

How long we've been kissing? I really don't know but by the time we stopped the kiss dad is already beeping the car loudly.  We both giggled and made our way to my parents.

But before we could get inside the car, I held Louis' hand tightly and whispered.

"That's the best senior year Lou. More than I could ask for." And both of us climbed in the car.

END

Thanks for reading! <3