Chapter 7 - I am sweating like a sinner in church

My parents were the judge for the Talent Show which marks the second day of SFE which leads me to watch the ticketing booth for the SFE Dance tonight.

"Hey I have to pick up a dress right now. Can you manage being alone?" Susan stood up grabbing her purse.

"Yeah sure. Tickets are almost sold out so I only have to be here a little longer." I took the seat next to the table.

Susan bid goodbye as mentally prepare myself for the upcoming customers.

Should I go to the dance? But I have no date. Should I ask Louis to be my date? Why would I? Speaking of Louis, I never saw him buy one. Is he not going?

As I batter myself internally, my phone beeped for a message.

Unknown number: wear something black xx – L

I hurried a reply.

Are you asking me to the dance?

I mentally smile. Is he really going to ask me to the dance?

Someone coughed in front of me. I must have focused too much that I haven't seen a line of people looking at me. I was about to open my mouth when they rearranged the line horizontally facing me. As if on cue, Louis walked towards me with a pink daisy and hopeful eyes.

All of a sudden, the people on the line raised cardboards in the air.

Will.you.be.my.date.?.

Will you be my date? Will I be his date?

"To answer your text, yes I am asking you to the dance tonight." Rapidly, my insides went all giddy and girly. I blushed so hard that it must have looked like someone slapped me, just without the hand mark.

"I-I would be honored." Just by that, I was enclosed in a tight hug and people murmured adornment towards us.

"See you tonight. I'll pick you up." It gets cuter (if that's a word) when Louis kissed me in front of these people.

Jeez, I have to practice how to breathe properly.

-

I must have created a wave as I frantically pace back and forth.

I took my black dress, as Louis requested and I am still nervous as hell. I am happy that he asked me to the dance but I am equally mortified. What if I screw up? What if he'll think I look funny when I dance? Damn it!

The black dress made my skin look paler and my hair darker. I slipped on my nude heels and went down stairs.

My heart jumped a little when I saw him already sitting on our sofa.

"You're a little early." I took the final step and glanced at him. He wore black polo where the sleeves are rolled up to his elbow and paired with black jeans and black converse. We matched. He wanted us to match.

"Nope, just a little excited." He stood up and pulled me into him. I glanced up to his eyes but he is already looking.

"What?" I inquired.

"You always look so beautiful Raf." I have to look away, my face is heating up. Why does he have to be so cute and sweet and hot and amazing?

Suddenly I can feel his hands pulling my body closer. His hand moved towards my cheeks, caressing and moving my face up to him.

"Look at me Raf." And I followed.

"You are beautiful and special to me okay? You don't have to be embarrassed. I only have my eyes on you." there goes my brain jumped out the window. Every cell in my body must have gotten some extra adrenaline that somewhat I feel funny and crazy at the same time. He looked at me like his life hangs on it. His eyes. God his eyes. My whole body is heating up and I can feel my hands sweat. I sweat like a pig, no. I sweat like a sinner in church.

I blush hard. But this time, I blush harder.

He leaned towards me and kissed my forehead. I can feel that he is smiling.

"Can I have the honors to take this lovely lady to the dance?" I only nod in approval.

*A/N: Hey.. Don't forget to comment and to vote! <3