Chapter 4 - How sentimental can a human being be?

A/N:

Hey there!

Thanks for reading... I hope you leave some comments and votes along the way. Yey! <3

**

In the past week, my family and I have been collecting our old properties to be sold as we take part in the backyard sale that will be happening in the first day of the event which will be tomorrow.

I was literally like a hyena on loose as I strip down old boxes on the top of my cabinet which may later on give me some allergies from the amount of dust accumulated over the time.

I found my books stashed neatly.

Should I sell them?

But I love my books.

But you're done reading them anyway.

But I love my books.

But there's more children who would need the money Raf. Don't be selfish.

But I love my books.

Raf.

I love my books.

My mind is making me crazy. I am torn between yes and no which is a little cliché but extremely applicable right now.

After an hour of processing what to do, I finally decided to sell them. It's been years since I touched these books and I've already read all of them. They were just stashed there for years. It's a good decision to sell them.

I tried to convince myself as I feel like a mother setting my child up for adoption.

A small box was sitting at the bottom of the books and I quickly opened it. A dog tag? When did I own a dog tag? My name is even carved in cursive manner. I shrug it off and decided to think about it later.

-

The school is already packed with random citizens of Sherwood as I drop my last box from dad's car. The table was already set up and I slowly arranged the books by color scheme.

"Whoa! You have a full set of Harry Potter! And it's all hardbound. This is my lucky day." Jim the head of matheletes stopped in front of my table.

"I'll take the set Raf." Surprise was the first thing on my face since 1) he's purchasing the set and 2) he knows my name.

I handed him the box with the full set inside and my heart feels like it's getting ripped apart by chainsaw with toxic substance while I'm on fire.

"Please take care of it." He smiled reassuringly as I glance at my books getting owned by another person.

Right now, I am more than depressed since I have already built attachment to my books, but I know I have to toughen up to help those children in the orphanage.

Amanda was pacing back and forth but quickly stopped when she took a glance on me.

Immediately she walked to my path.

"Ha! Of course! You'll sell something as weird as you are." She flickered her hair. A part of me was a little terrified that her wig may fall off any moment.

"Books are not weird Amanda. You just don't see them as often as you should have." Right now, I want to pick those words and shove them back to my mouth as Amanda is turning red, or maroon? I can't really tell because of too much tanning on her skin.

I heard a collective giggles as I glanced at the jocks. Geez. Thanks for adding gas on the fire.

I thank the heavens when Amanda stomped her way out without ripping my hair off or turning into a huge monster. I sigh with delight.

"What's this?" I looked up and saw Louis sipping from what I can make out of as carrot juice while pointing to the small box next to me.

"Oh. That's a dog tag."

"May I see?" I handed it to him as I gaped to his arm muscle stretched out. I am looking so retarded right now.

He pulled out a dog tag and examined it. "You have your name on it." and I just nodded in agreement.

"I'll take this." he looked up at me.

"But I have my name on it." my brows met.

"That's why I'm going to buy it." confusion and embarrassment don't fit quite well.

He handed me the money and immediately wore the dog tag. As soon as I was about to blurt something, Susan, who is four years older than me, came for her shift.

"You can take a break now." Susan smiled at me as I gave her the final instructions. I looked at Louis and he was still there standing looking at me.

"Want to eat?" he offered.

"Sure." And he walked to my side letting out a hand at my back which seriously sent so many fireworks into my stomach.

-

He sat under the tree in front of the old fountain. I joined him as I have battled internally on what's happening and why I am feeling like this.

"Plans after high school?" he is on his third batch of carrot shake.

"Maybe a gap year? Or work for a while then maybe college. I'm really not sure." I stared down my burger as it invites me. I took a bite.

"What do you want to be?" I want to retort his question by being rude as this conversation is leading into some Q and A portion but there is something in the tone of his voice that I want to keep my niceness a little high right now.

"I always wanted to be an editor in a publishing company. Or write and book here and there." I bit another continent out of my burger.

"And you? Any plans?"

"Maybe go back to playing music."

"That reminds me. Why are you enrolled here anyway? I mean aren't there schools in your hometown?" I know I sounded retarded. For real. Geez Raf.

"Of course there are. But since we declared hiatus for a year and a half, I decided I need a change of scenery. So my Uncle offered me his old house here in Sherwood. And I always wanted to finish high school."

This may have been the longest line he had said in one turn and the most serious conversations we ever had.

"Was it easy? Becoming famous?" I am a little disappointed that my burger is already finished. I cry a little inside.

"It has its perks. But the downside is people will tend to like you because you're famous. They won't look what's behind the face you show." he shrugged a little closer. I can feel a lump on my throat. Why am I getting nervous?

"It's a little refreshing that you're the only one who doesn't fiddle on that famous-part of me." He mumble but enough for me to hear. I am left with no words as he scoot closer and this time leaving no space between us.

My heart thumped wildly in the thought of him being too close.

Slowly, I can feel his head leaning into my shoulder and that's when I officially lost track of the proper breathing pattern.

*A/N:

You like it? Do you? huh? Do youuuu? Hahaha. Leave some comments and vote! <3