Chapter 8 - Don't blame my inadequate experience on people esp celebrities

Louis led me to the soccer field of Sherwood High. The dance has already warmed up and there are already couples sneaking around to make out. Before I could count three couples running away from the field, Louis took my hand and pulled me into the dance floor.

As if on cue, the ravaging music was changed into a sweet one which made me more nervous than necessary. All of a sudden, blinding lights flash before us. I looked at Louis and he was as confused as I was.

"Shit. Let's go." Before I can realize what really is happening, Louis held my hand tight and dragged me all the way in the school buildings. As I have predicted, people followed. We rushed in and found the chemistry lab to be empty so we went inside and locked ourselves in.

"What was that?" I don't know why I am whispering but the chase made me nervous and my feet sore from running with heels. I can still hear the music all the way here but my attention is focused on the people running to and fro outside. Louis pulled me closer leaning into him as he hid us into the corner.

After a while of utter silence, he finally spoke.

"Paparazzi. Someone must have tipped them of my plan tonight." His breathing is unstable but still, he is breathing which is a good thing.

"They don't know you're here? What plan? Louis? What's happening?" My voice is getting louder. So I clamped my lips together.

"I want to keep my senior year private but I guess it won't be any longer." He reached for the misplaced strand of hair in my face and played with it.

"So why are we running like that? I mean couldn't you just explain to them that you want privacy?" my breathing is a little higher since our distance is getting closer.

"It's not as easy as that Rafaella." I shudder as he called me by my complete name. He nudged his nose to my neck as if sniffing.

"The plan. Louis, what plan were you talking about?" despite being distracted, I managed to remember that one part.

Silence consumed us as I look up to Louis. He looked like he is thinking and at the same time nervous.

"Louis?" he looked at me smiling but still quite nervous.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

"What plan are you talking about?"

He smiled at me as he moved a step back, took a box from his back pocket which I haven't noticed and took my other hand.

"This." he handed me the long box and I opened it. I was immediately surprised as a white gold necklace with a heart pendant stared at me. I looked back at him with my mouth hanging wide open and to the necklace. I manage to see the cursive L in the middle of the heart.

"Raf, will you be my girlfriend?"