Chapter 9 - A heart attack, maybe

A/N: Hey guys! Don't forget to vote and commenton your way! xxx

BTW, I just watched this is us of 1D on HBO. I am not a hardcore fan but it hurts knowing that it's not the same without Zayn. iCri :(

**

"Raf, will you be my girlfriend?"

Oh god.

My mind stopped and my heart pumped 60 beats per minute which may have caused me fatality. But the cold floor and the nervous Louis kept me alive and sane.

His eyes are so hopeful that there's a mini-punch in my gut.

"Is this supposed to bribe me?" As I point at the gold necklace. I can feel his face drown in color and his sweat grew large.

"O-oh no. god no. I-i-m sorr-" he's stammering which is kinda cute aside from the fact that he's close to having a stroke or a heart attack. I cut him off before he could faint.

"Silly! I'm joking." He looked at me and let out a loud sigh.

"S-so is that a yes?"

I nod and before I could even register my own answer in my own mind, he sprung up and hugged me like I am his only life support.

"I was so scared you'd say no. Thank you Raf. Thank you so much." Louis held my hand and kissed it. He slid behind me and placed the necklace on me.

"It looks so perfect on you Raf." I let his arms find their way on my waist as he hugged me from behind.

"Is L for Louis?" Unlike any other reactions from my system, I felt calm when Louis hugged me. This time, it feels so comfortable and familiar... and home.

He placed his chin on my shoulder. "L is for Love Louis." He smiled as he made his hug tighter.

Both of us stayed like that until we heard that the Dance is about to end, so both of us waited a little longer before going out.

It must have been an hour or so that Louis decided it's already safe to move out.

But boy was he wrong.

-

Louis managed to drive like a maniac as he outran the paparazzi chasing after us. After hiding for a long time in the chemistry lab, we were bombarded with camera lights that I would personally predict my early blindness. We have took the silence of the place as a sign of safety but it surprised us that they were hiding around the corner and just waiting for us to expose ourselves. Questions were thrown crazily as Louis and I ran for our lives to his car avoiding any physical injury from the raging mob.

He managed to lose the following vans as he took the fourth round driving around my neighborhood.

"Sorry about that Raf." His voice is full of remorse.

"It's okay Lou, I know you can't help it. It's what you are." I gestured in the air.

"Yeah, it's a part of what I am. Do you still like me?" He stopped two houses away from mine.

"Louis, those paparazzi won't make me dislike you. I like you because... I like you." Damn it! I can't even explain why I like him. He must think I am a weirdo.

He smiled at me. "Thanks Raf. I really like you too." I let my hand play with the pendant and smiled at myself.

He likes me too. Of course dimwit! That's why he asked you to his girl.

"You should probably go in Raf." He moved the car in front of my house and looked at me. I nodded at him and he went out, opening the car for me. I mumbled a thank you and he just kissed my cheek, which probably is flaming red now.

"So this is it." We stood in front of my door face to face. He reached out for my hand and kissed it.

"Goodnight Raf." He smiled and my head's going crazy. "Thank you for tonight. For the 'yes' and for still liking me even my life is as crazy as hell." He held my hand tighter.

"No need to thank me Lou. I'm in for a crazy life. I just signed up." I giggled at him shrugging off the blush in my face. He looked at me as a girl wanted to be looked at.

And in that moment, I know I don't want to let him go.