Chapter 3 - Inability to cope up with cliques and end up underestimated

"Louis will drive you to school sweetie." As she must have sense the question plastered all over my face.

Louis stood there slightly leaning at the kitchen counter while having a humorous conversation with my mother. Sometimes, I think the real Rafaella Cole must have switched with me at birth since I do not share any characteristics with my parents.

They are sociable and really friendly and here I am stuck in a blackhole, unable to communicate to another human being without sounding like a retarded seal. But a little part in me is quite surprised that I managed to pull off a decent conversation with Louis yesterday.

Yesterday.

The flood of memories encapsulated my brain.

Yesterday we went to a café and the second people recognized the person I am next to, the female population set eyes to him and we were almost chased down to our last breathe.

"Raf!" my mind made it back to earth alive.

"What"

"I said eat your breakfast before you and Louis get late." She left the kitchen counter.

I sat down knowing that Louis was staring. "What"

"Is that all you can say in the morning? 'What?'" he chuckled.

In early morning situation, my mind is accustomed on hibernation mode that I am somewhat incapable of being nice or being normal or just being human when conversation settles in.

My silence must have tipped Louis that my brain is till loading so he guided me towards the car as soon as I finish my breakfast.

I must have looked a little retarded by now.

"Never really a morning person, are we?" he reached to something at the backseat.

I just smiled at him and looked outside.

-

As soon as Louis's car neared the school gates, the amount of eyes ogling him tripled seeing that I was at the passenger's. It was enough to make my brain freeze. He parked somewhat a little far than usual and opened the door for me. My mouth mumbles a silent thanks and I caught him smile.

We walked together to our first class and the amount of eyes are still increasing and paired with mumbles or whispers which I manage to block out. Amanda stared at me longer than anyone else in the room as she saw me enter the door.

At lunch, Louis decided to seat with me which made everyone extra gossipy today.

"What are you doing here?" I must cower a little that I am sounding like a murderer or a secret agent.

"Hi would be enough. And I want to have lunch with you." he bit his apple I mean the apple. The fruit. I was talking about the fruit. Geez.

"People are staring." I slowly separated the carrots in my chop seuy.

"Hey aren't you gonna eat that?"

"I hate carrots."

"Then I'll have them." He grabbed my fork and stabbed the separated carrots all at once.

I am in current disbelief right now. But despite the fact that he ate from my plate, I can see his happy munching which made me smile. But then the thunderclouds hover when I saw Amanda walking towards our direction. Ha! Our direction.

"Come sit with us Louis." She flickered her hair as she bent down to expose her jumping breasts that must have asking for air since the tight top of her leaves no space, at all.

"Naah, I think I'll pass." He munched his apple again.

"But you can't sit with her." The look of disgust in her face makes me want to saliva-vomit. Isn't she aware of the color schemes created by the universe to carve harmony? Because her make up shouts chaos to me. Who uses light green eyeshadow? Who?!

"I am sitting with her." He smiled innocently but giving a jab of annoyance to Amanda.

"But she's weird." A faint of desperation must have hit her pretty bad.

"You, talking these things to me while I am having my lunch, is weird." He put down his apple while my jaw must have lost the screws that it hangs open for a couple of minutes now.

"You can't do this Louis." She walks out. But before she finally disappears, "I just did." Louis shouted enough for her to stomp her way out the cafeteria.

"What was that?" I pulled my jaw together.

"Let's say I'm really not into school cliques."

"Then what are you in to?" I continued eating my meal.

"You." and the food must have stopped in the middle of my esophagus that I nearly choked myself to death.