Chapter 44

Calista's POV
I helped him walk into his bathroom. I turned around while he got undressed. I heard water splashing and turned around. He was sitting in the bathtub. I went and grabbed him new clothes.

"I'm gonna sit here to make sure you don't fall asleep."

He didn't fall asleep while taking a bath. I turned around so he could get dressed. I turned around and saw he left his shirt off.

"C-can I sleep? You promised."

"I have to shower too. Are you okay sleeping by yourself for just a few? I'll be quick."

He nodded then dragged himself to his bed. He got under the covers and got comfortable. I went and took a quick shower. I dried off a little then got dressed. I walked over to his bed. I moved his fluffy hair out of his face. I laid down next to him. I started rubbing his forehead while humming.

He nuzzled up against me like he usually does. Brooklyn and TJ ran into Dean's room.

"Callie!"

"Be quiet please. He's exhausted."

They walked up to the bed.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm rubbing his forehead. It helps him go to sleep sometimes."

"Please go away. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay."

"Goodnight D!"

They walked away and shut the door.

"You okay now?"

"Mhm. I've got you back. Of course, I'm okay."

"Awww. You're so adorable. I love you."

"I love you too. Don't move. Let me sleep like this."

"Okay. I won't. Don't worry."

I kissed his forehead. I went back to rubbing his forehead after. He started holding me tighter. I stayed up to watch him for a little bit. I started scratching his head then shut my eyes.

I hope he sleeps for a while.

Poor baby needs rest.

I'm not gonna let him sleep all day.

He'll sleep for a few hours or so.

I woke up and found him awake.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Better. Thank you Callie."

"You're welcome. You needed rest."

"You're right. I really did. I've got you back so...I should go back to sleeping normally soon."

"I've been back for a few days now. You'll go back to sleep normally soon. I'll never leave you again."

"Yay. Thank you."

I smiled. He smiled back at me.

"You look better. You don't look as tired anymore. I missed your smile."

"I missed yours too."

I kissed him.

"Can we just lay here for a bit? We can watch TV."

"Awww. Sure Deany."

He smiled again.