Chapter 6

Calista's POV
"Boys shut up and start doing soundcheck!"

They stopped and started going through everything. I put my phone on vibrate then put it back in my bag. I put my bag in the basket underneath my chair. I kept using my fidget toy. I started rubbing my finger on the soft indent.

The fidget toy in my hand was a block. There's multiple sides to it. One side had a light switch clicker. One side has a silver ball and gears. One side had 5 buttons. One side had the video game controller stick. One side had the soft indent. The last part of it was a part of the toy that's able to turn. I'm able to push the ball down and roll it around.

There's only a few sides that are silent. The light switch slicker can be quiet if you move it a certain way. Some of the buttons are quiet. The music started and I quickly realized, I didn't know the song.

Did I miss a song?!

I swore...

I knew them all!

I carefully put an ear bud in and connected it to my phone. I started playing bits of their songs to see if, I remembered everything. I went through every album and every single. I didn't find the song.

Is this new?

Am I hearing a new song?!

I quickly put everything away and went back to watching them. They took a break after 15 minutes. They went back to goofing around. The 5 of them were now running around set. Dean and Tao ran out of the room. Kevin ran after them. I walked up to the other 3.

"What just happened?"

"Morons are just being morons."

"Why aren't you guys doing that too?"

"Thought about it."

"Not in the mood to get a lecture."

I felt arms going around my waist. I looked down and saw a familiar bracelet and ring on a thumb.

DEAN'S FUCKING ARMS ARE AROUND MEEEE!!!

He put his chin on the top of my head.

"Where'd you run off to?"

They got yelled at to go back into the dressing room. Me and Sherry followed them. We sat down on the couch in there. Dean walked over and sat down next to me. My heart went back to racing.

I took my phone out and unlocked it. I started playing one of my phone games. I logged in and started playing. In my game, I started wandering around. I opened my quests list. I scrolled through and picked something to do.

"Is this Genshin?"

"Yeah. It's a mellow game for me. Do you play?"

"No. My brother and sister do. My sister went insane when she got this one character."

A notification popped up on my phone. It was a dm from one of the girls, I was friends with. Dean unfortunately saw.

"Who's that?"

"Someone from school. I-I'm fine. Don't worry."

Uh oh....

Not good!

Not good!

God no!

No!

I quickly got rid of the notification and turned it off. I put it back in my bag.

"Are you good?"

I nodded.

"I'm fine."