Chapter 30

Dean's POV
"I'm extremely sorry about him. Y-you're wanted here. My parents like you. My sister likes you. She went looking for you. I-I overheard everything."

"Re-really?"

"Yeah. That's why, I went to yell at him."

"Y-you yelled at him?"

"Yeah."

I cupped her face.

"Please just ignore him for now. I-I'm gonna do whatever...I can. I gave him until his birthday to fix this mess."

"Really? You didn't have to."

"I kinda did."

I did something...I should've waited longer to do. I kissed her. She started hugging me.

Please don't cry.

That's just gonna make me cry.

I started cradling her head. Her nails started digging into my skin.

"I got you. Everything's gonna be fine. Just give it time. I-I'll make this up to you."

"I-I know. I know, you will. I-I trust you. D-don't push it."

Brooklyn squeezed her way into the middle of us. She started hugging Calista. I looked over my shoulder and saw TJ. I started staring at him. I noticed, he put the shark tooth necklace on. He walked up to Calista and tapped her shoulder.

His head was down.

"I'm sorry Calista. Thanks for the necklace."

TJ started hugging her.

"I'm sorry, I yelled at you broski."

"I'm sorry too. I got upset...I wanted to only spend time with Dean.."

"You should've told me. We still have the basketball net right?"

He slowly nodded.

"Okay. I'll go in my room and get the ball. Or do you want to use yours?"

He shrugged.

"Do you want to go to that playground with the basketball court? That seems better. Or...we could go see a movie."

"D? Did you go to the aquariums and zoos?"

"I actually did. The aquarium by Callie seems better. Did they add anything else to ours? We're they setting up something?"

"Ooo! Yeah! There's manatees now!"

"I-I love those."

"Dean? This is gonna sound dumb but...can we go to the mall? I wanna get my ears pierced again. Mom said, I'm too young for a nose piercing."

"She's right about that. Mom or dad have to come with us so that can happen. I'm not 18. I can't give them consent to do that. I'm sorry."

He kept his head down.

Oh god.

No.

No.

Don't do that to me.

"I'll to ask mom to take us tomorrow. Or...I'll make a deal with you. When I'm 18, I'll take you. Okay? Can you wait a few months?"

He nodded.

"Okay."

"I can still take you to the mall though. We can walk around and get dinner at the food court. Okay? What do you want to do?"

He shrugged.

"Can you still take me to the mall?"

"Yeah sure. Go get ready."

He walked away and went up the stairs.

"This makes sense now. Has anyone been giving him any issues at school Brookie?"

"No."

TJ walked down the stairs.

"Callie? Do you wanna come get ice cream with me?"

Calista smiled.

"Sure. How far is it?"

"It's at the end of the block across the street. We can walk there!"

"Okay. D, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah sure baby. Do you want money?"

"No. I've got it."

Me and TJ got in my car and I started driving.

Calista's POV
Me and Brooklyn started walking.

"How's school for you?"

"Okay. I like my friends."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm! I've known Casey since preschool."

"I had a friend like that too."

"What happened?"

"We just drifted apart. Missy was like my sister. Your brother's the first friend, I've had in years."

I looked at her and saw she put on the earrings I gave her.

"I'm glad, you like the earrings. They look nice on you. Are they too heavy?"

"Nope! They're really light. There's the ice cream place!"

I looked and saw a bright ice cream shop. We looked then crossed the street.