Detention With Dolores

Sarah arrived after Harry for detention and quickly took her spot in the uncomfortable seat next to him.

"Now, Miss. Williams you will be using a rather special quill of mine instead of your own." Oh gee what a surprise. Blood thirsty bitch.

"As I told Mr. Potter I want you to write 'I must not tell lies' as many times as it takes to...sink in." Umbridge said with a peculiar look as she gave Sarah a sheet of parchment and a trippy looking quill.

Jareth was going to be so totally pissed when he saw her hand. The words 'I must not tell lies' was practically carved into the normally flawless skin. The worst of it was that Sarah had to not only deal with the pain, but also use Fey magic to hide the fact that her blood was silver.

The effort was exhausting.

After what seemed to be hours Umbridge told them to put the quills down and step foreword.

"Tut, tut, I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet. Well, we'll just have to try again tomorrow evening won't we? You both may go." Sarah glared at her and for a moment she almost broke her cover just to send the bitch to the bog.

Instead Sarah grudgingly followed Harry out of the tower.

"Sarah, please don't tell Ron or Hermione." At first Sarah did not understand why, but then she realized that to Harry this was a battle between Umbridge and him. Except she was also in this battle, which meant that, if they ever discovered it, so were her guards and, gods forbid, Jareth.

"I will stay silent, but when the High Kind finds out I cannot promise what will happen." Sarah warned as she faced the boy.

"You see the High King that often?" Harry asked, slightly surprised. He had not thought that they were on the best of terms, despite being married.

"Yes, yes she does." Came Jareth's voice from behind them and, looking around, Sarah noticed that he froze time...again. How had she missed that?

Without saying another word Jareth quickly reached Sarah's side and took her hand. As he placed his lips to the back of it the marks faded until the skin was once more its normal creamy white.

"It was nothing." She lied softly in an attempted to lighten his anger.

"They drew your blood; that could be seen as an act of war." Jareth said with his frightening calm. He caressed her cheek and Sarah held his hand to the side of her face.

"If you go marching into the Ministry because your wife was harmed in detention, by that woman, it will be narrowed down to me. Years of work would be ruined and my cover would be blown. It would be more dangerous for Riddle to know who I was than for a few nights of these...lines." Sarah stated as she kissed his palm.

She did not break eye contact with Jareth as he attempted to find a fault in her logic. However, Sarah had been raised by a King to handle troublesome courtiers, she knew how to twist logic just as much as Jareth. From the corner of her eye she could see Harry look down at his feet uncomfortably.

"I do not like you being harmed." His voice was almost a whisper, just loud enough for her keen hearing to pick up.

"I know, but I was hurt more often when I was part of the royal guard. I am not a stranger to pain, Jareth. If it becomes to much I'll tell you." Sarah promised and with, an unhappy nod, Jareth kissed her before leaving.

The torches that give light to the hall way began to flicker once more and Sarah attempted to ignore the void that always returns to her whenever Jareth left. She loved her school, but the young Fae was beginning to face the fact that she loved him more. Still, she had given her word and she had to do as promised, it was how these things were done.