Chapter 8: MIA

The girls where laughing really hard. "I-I can't-b-b-reath" Emma said laughing. "Me neither" Andi said in between laughs. Maddie started to get up, but was laughing so hard, she fell on her pile of fabric. "Omp, I feel high" she said laughing. "Me too" Mia said trying to get off from underneath Andi and Emma. Emma got up.
Knock knock knock
The door knocked. "I wonder who that is" Emma said opening the door. "Good evening. Is Ms.Alonso home?" A man with straight black hair and a military uniform asked. "Yes, I'm Ms.Alonso, what's the problem?" She asked nervously. "I'm afraid I have some bad news" he said. "W-what is it?" Emma asked. "Daniel Miller is Missing in Action. All we've found is a box, with letters, and on the box it says, well. Let me show you" he said pulling out a bunch of envelopes. Emma immediately looked for hers. On the front it said; To Emma Alonso, the love of my life. There were blood stains on the front of the envelope. She shakily opened the envelope.
Dearest Emma,
I'm writing this to you to tell you a few things. Military life is a living hell. I've never been in so much pain, or have I been so tired. I wish I could have just sued the place for forcing me into the Military. Turns out, TV lies, and doesn't make it look that bad. Let me tell you, it's bad. So, I've decided to run away. The cuts and gashes on my hands are from training, which is constant. All the time. I'm sorry for the blood stains. I don't even know if I'll even run away alive. I'm estimating I have a 93% chance of not making it out alive. I want you to stay strong, and keep your promise to me, and stay strong, FORVER. I'm fine if I don't make it out alive, because I know I spent the best highschool years of my life. (And the only highschool years of my life). I won't be mad if you have a new boyfriend, but I will be mad if you aren't happy. I want you to forever be as happy as you possibly can. I don't want to stop writing to you. You are the love of my life, and we have been so, so strong. I will never, ever forget the best week of my life- seeing you across the street from my house when I was getting rid if Mac's socks. (Lol) Then the next day, when I got to give you a tour. :) I want you to give the other letters to there rightful owners. And as soon as you get this, call my friends and family. I love you so much, to the moon and back times a infinite. (You're an advanced math student,you can figure it out) I will FORVER love you.
~Daniel Timothy Miller
Emma finished reading the letter. She went numb all over, trying to process What had just happened. "Daniel Miller will be pronounced dead until further notice." The officer said. "Good day to you Ms. Alonso" he said closing the door. "D-dead?" Emma shudderd. "Emma, I am-" Maddie began, but before she finished, Emma's legs fave out and she fell back. "Emma!" Andi shouted catching her. "Is she okay?" Mia said as she helped Andi bring her to the couch. "She's fainted!" Maddie yelled. "To get water!" Andi shouted, frantically trying to revive her best friend.