Chapter 3: The date

DPOV: I laughed as Emma landed in my arms. It made me feel for a second that everything was going to be alright. But it wasn't. "Danny are you alright?" Emma asked me breaking my thoughts. "What? Oh, yeah" I said. She didn't look convinced but nodded her head. "Okay Danny" "Come on!" Diego Said. Emma held my hand as we walked out. "You,um, look nice" I said. She blushed. "Thanks" We got in the car and drive to school.
EPOV: We just finished up speeches and I went to get my stuff from my locker. When I opened it, I took every thing out, and found a note. It said "To Emma Alonso, Locker 234" In small neat handwriting. Of course! Danny!! I eagerly opened the note
Dear Emma,
It is my greatest pleasure to ask you to go with me on a date, next Saterday, May 23. I hope you can make it. I will be waiting for you at our spot at 2:00 sharp. :)
~Your love, Daniel Miller
That's weird. Daniel usually texted me or called, or came over. I folded the note and out in my clutch and went home. When I got home, I took all my stuff off had some soup and went to bed.

*********a week later*********
Today's Saterday. I remembered the note from Daniel. I put on maroon tank top and a navy blue see through type blouse over it. I curled my hair and did my make up, packed my purse grabbed a granola bar and went to our spot. Daniel smiled at me as I hugged him. I had a box with me. It was a customized dog tag, for Daniel. The tag said " Emma's" on one side and "Demma" on the other. He had a box with him too. "Hey Emma, I got you something" he said. I smiled. "Me too!" I said, "You open yours first" I said before he handed me the box. He smiled and opened it. When he saw it, he smiled. He picked up and turned it over. "Do you like it" I asked . He shook his head. "I love it" he said. The he put them on. He handed me the box. I opened it. It was a heart shaped locket. . The front said in cursive "It's always you" on it. Inside was a picture of him and the other side was both of us. I could tell he had it customized. "Awwww Danny I love it! I said hugging him. "Emma I got a call last week" He said. "Yeah" I could tell this was serious. "Well, I've been called to the Military" he said slowly. "But you denied, right?.." I said. I felt my throat tighten. No answer. "Right?" I said holding back tears" Daniel looked down. "RIGHT?!" I said shaking him. "I'm sorry Em" he said so quietly I could barley hear him. "NO DANNY PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME!" I shrieked attacking him with a hug so hard he almost fell back in the chair. He hugged me back hard. "Wh-y d-did-dn't y-y-you d-deny -I-it?" I asked. "I have to go, no choice in the matter." He said stroking my hair. "B-but I love-ve y-you" I said sobbing. "I do to Em, but you you need to realize they don't care" he said gently. I cried harder. He sat me upright and caught the tears the where dripping down my face. "Let's go have fun" he said. I nodded. We headed for the play ground. After 2 hours we walked home. "When?" I asked. "Next month on the 30, which gives us time" he said as we arrived at my house. "Not enough" I said and slammed the door and ran upstairs crying. I heard my dad open the front door and I heard voices. I grabbed the giant teddy bear that he had given me last Valentines day. Before I knew it, I was asleep.