Chapter XIX - Nothing left.

They left the Uchiha compound in good moods, feeling like a couple of teenagers. Finally, at least. Sasuke never had such a chance to just fool around and behave as if this was just another day of the boring life in normal world. He was happy, and Hinata was too.

But very soon, the risky life and shade of troubles gave its signs in very effective way.

A huge explosion shook the ground like an earthquake and immediately they noticed smoke appearing on the air. It was not far away and soon they knew it came from...

— Hyuga compound. — Sasuke and Hinata said in unison.

The chaos took control over streets, people were running all ways possible. It was like during Pain's attack, the gennins started directing the elders, mothers and children to the shelters, Konoha shinobi were already on their way to protect their Village. The only way to get to the compound fastly was to run on roofs, what Hinata and Sasuke did. Jumping from one to another, they ran all strength in legs to the place Hyuga used to call home.

They didn't need to get close to know that nothing was left from that.

Houses were in ruins and ground turned into the battlefield. They joined the fight, taking opponents one by one. Shinobi fought bravely with people, whom Sasuke remembered from the Bingo book and their numbers seemed to only rise. Criminals chased through all Seven Nations, here - in Konoha, appearing from the huge hole in the ground, all messed in bizzare, purple goo. But, the opponent of Hiashi wasn't that easy to recognize at first glance.

His hair was as white as snow, yet the skin got tanned and lost its old, cream tone. The dark cape on shoulders followed his moves, yet the noble, scarred now face stayed indifferent. He didn't need an armor to fight, his hands moved in similar way to Hyugas. It seemed like none of leader's attacks got him, as he dodged almost as gracefully as Hinata. Then, he said:

— Again, where is your daughter?

Hinata immediately recognized this voice. Toneri. Then, her gaze crossed with Hiashi. "Run" — the father mouthed and the legs under the woman started trembling. She looked at Sasuke, but he was long gone.

She didn't have a chance to shout after him, when he left her side. Led by pure rage and the will of revange, Uchiha was ready to pass judgement with his own hands. He teleported by man's side and with the swung, Sasuke pierced Toneri with craking Chidori.

— No one will ever threaten my woman. — He snapped, fuming with anger.

Suddenly, what was the figure of the man, turned into the puff of smoke. In the last moment Sasuke dodged the attack from behind, the purple chakra started fuming around him. Hinata knew that if she won't get there soon, the once called Konoha would be done.

She ran after Sasuke, not minding her feet sinking in the wicked, thick goo. But, in one moment, she felt how something grabs her ankle. The chain of gunk bursted from the ground and made Hinatab fall hardly. Hinata tried to kick it away, but in one moment it locked her in strong, rough embrace. She managed to shout Sasuke's name before it locked on her mouth and its taste made her nauseous.

Uchiha turned to her, but this one moment of distraction was enough. Toneri punched the man hardly in stomach and Sasuke felt how one of lower rib cracks. Yet, he held his posture and with face twisted in pain and fury, ran in Otsutsuki's direction, another Chidori glistened in his hand.

Hinata noticed Tenten rushing to her side with kunai in hand, yet before she reached her, the kunoichi was attacked by one of Toneri's man. In the last minute, she managed to toss the weapon to laying in the ground Hinata. With all strengths, Hyuga pulled it to her side and started cutting the chains filled with chakra. The blade cut her hands hardly, but she didn't stop. Yet what she managed to cut, it regenerated. "Think, Hinata, think!" ~ she shouted in thoughts, then tilted the head to see how Sasuke and Toneri fought.