Chapter 38: Battle Planning

Chapter thirty eight: Battle Planning
"Considering I've been gone for some time, I'm hoping everyone's able to fill me in on what's been happening for the past month or so," said Mitch. "The thing I'm most interested in is what transport we've gained, apart from that hovercraft that Jerome and Em stole."
"We've snagged about ten other hovercrafts as big as that one," said the head of transport, who's name I didn't know. "And we've also got a great number of smaller hovercrafts which are designed to carry a team of about five or eight people at the max. We sacrificed one of the hovercrafts we pinched from The Soviet, and pulled it apart to see how it works. Then we made a whole heap of smaller ones."
"That's great," smiled Mitch. "And they work fine?"
"We tested one yesterday," nodded the head of transport. "And they move faster too, since they're a great deal smaller."
"Do we have any plans of campaign yet, or is that something we still need to devise?" Asked Mitch.
"Kyle was showing me something earlier," said Jerome. "Show us again, Kyle." Kyle, the head of campaigning, pulled out a small USB, and plugged it into the screen on the wall. The screen flickered, and brought up a battle campaign.
"I was thinking we need to cause a distraction in either India or Europe, and whilst The Soviet focuses on stopping us there, we can get into the other country and get them on side. So the team and I came up with this... Pretty much we use the big hovercrafts and make a fairly grand entrance. The Soviet picks up on it straight away, and comes straight in to stop us. If we use all ten of the big hovercrafts we have, the soviet will think we have no other means of transport. Meanwhile there's some other teams in the mini hovercrafts going into the second country to get them on side. I don't know that it really matters which country we choose, so I left that choice up to you, if you decide to go with this plan."
"I'm liking this plan," said Mitch slowly, glancing at Jerome.
"It does risk a lot of lives though," warned Jerome. "Not really something we want to do on a large scale."
"Yeah, you're right, but perhaps there's some way we can reduce the danger to the people going in?" Asked Mitch.
"I'm on it," smiled the head of defence. "Are we going with this plan?"
"Yeah, let's go with it," agreed Mitch. Jerome nodded.
"Shall we work through the details now?" He asked.
"We might as well," said Mitch. "The first question is which country... Well for me that's an obvious answer, we go for taking Europe first. They're supplying oil and natural gasses to The Soviet, so if we stop that supply that's going to hit The Soviet pretty hard. We can get them to start supplying it to the rest of the world as quickly as possible."
"Of course," agreed Kyle. "That's a good decision."
"Next question..." Said Mitch, pausing a little, to look at the plans. "Oh, we'll need spies in the attack department of The Soviet to be notified of this, they need to let us know what The Soviet decide to do once we're heading into India for a fake attack, incase they don't respond as we expect them to. Can you make a note of that Jessie?" He looked towards the short, brown haired leader of the spies department.
"Sure," she replied. "And can I suggest we try and get some spies dropped into both Europe and India? I know it's a dangerous mission, but the battle would be a lot easier if we had them."
"Do you think its possible?" Asked Mitch.
"Perhaps it's better if we try to communicate with those countries, and get them to tell us what's happening there themselves," said Jerome.
"What's the communications department working on at the moment?" Asked Mitch.
"We're trying to get better communication set up with England," said the head of communications. "But we're continually trying to get through to both India and Europe without much success."
"What we need is some communication experts in the neighbouring countries," said Kyle. "It will be easier to get hold of the people in India and Europe from there."
"Arabia can get on with that, I can contact them as soon as possible," said Preston. "Arabia is in-between both Europe and India."
"Alright," said Mitch. "This is working well. It looks like everybody's got something to continue working on. If you're not sure about something, come and check with Jerome or myself, and we'll direct you from there. Just so you guys know, I'll be going to Australia, Africa, and a few other places, since there's some important people we need to pick up, and also people I need to meet with. So can I ask the department of architecture to get going on the new maximum safety compound? We want this to be the safest place possible, so everybody here can hide down there if our base is discovered somehow."
"I'll get the team onto it," agreed the head of architecture.
"Who's going with you?" Asked the head of defence. "You need to be careful, because if you're killed somehow we have no one to lead us. You're the figure of this rebellion, remember. Everyone knows you."
"I know," sighed Mitch. "I'll be careful. But I think we all know I'm a pro at cheating death." Everyone laughed.
"Anyway, answer the question," prompted Jerome. "Who's going with you?"
"Abby, Preston, and a few others," replied Mitch. "I haven't totally decided yet. Jerome you need to stay here, and do my job for me whilst I'm gone. The trip should only take about three days or so. And Em, it's totally up to you whether you come with us or not."
"I think I'll stay with Jerome," she replied. Mitch nodded.
"Ok," he replied. "Then this meeting is over. You guys can go now."
"I think we need to welcome Mitch back again," laughed Jessie.
"Yeah, welcome back dude," grinned Kyle. The others chorused a welcome.
"Thanks guys, it's good to be back," he replied. "You have no idea how good."

As everybody left, Mitch turned to look at me.
"You're pretty quiet," he smiled. "Why is that?"
"Nothing really..." I sighed peacefully. "It's just that now I realise what you actually meant when you asked to be allies." I chuckled a little. "I wish I'd known." Mitch chuckled too, and kissed me quickly on the lips.
"I love you," he smiled.
"I love you too," I returned.

A/N: sorry these last couple of chapters have been pretty uneventful... It's about to get more actiony now:) hope you're all enjoying it, comment and favourite if you are! Xx

Btw... If you're wondering why I say favourite instead of vote... These are copy pasted from my quotev account xD it is an account you should never visit, since it has embarrassing twilight fan fiction on it, but since it gets me followers I've never deleted them :P #golddigger haha