Chapter 29: Freight Train

Chapter twenty nine: Freight Train
Mitch and I climbed onto the ladder of the hovercraft that had appeared almost immediately. Nothing was said as we rose into the sky, one hand on the ladder, the other holding onto each other. I looked up towards the hovercraft, but nothing could be seen within. However, I knew that Emily, Jerome, and our stylists were somewhere inside it. As we travelled higher and higher, the doors slid open, and we were enveloped in darkness. Mitch squeezed my hand tightly.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"Yeah," I replied.

The lights were switched on, and we stepped off the ladder, blinking in the bright light. As my eyes adjusted, I saw that there was others in the room. Standing behind the railing was Shari, my stylist,, and Mitch's stylist, and someone whom I guessed was Jerome. And standing beside Jerome was my sister.
"Em!" I yelled, and leaping over the railing, I wrapped my arms around her tightly. Tears came to my eyes as she returned the hug, and I realised with surprise that she was crying too.
"Hey," I smiled, through my tears. "Are you ok?"
"Am I ok?" She repeated, laughing, and wiping her tears away. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"
"Well, you saw what happened," I laughed. I turned to see that Mitch and Jerome were hugging. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned to see Shari.
"Welcome back," he smiled.
"Shari!" I exclaimed, and gave him a hug.
"I'm so happy to see you again," he sighed. "I was terrified for you." Terrified. The full force of the emotions I had bottled up over the past fortnight or so suddenly hit me like a freight train. I turned to see Mitch was already looking at me, and I could tell we were thinking the same thing.
"As much as I'm incredibly happy to see you guys again, I really need some alone time right now," I said, looking at Emily.
"Of course," she said, understanding immediately.
"Yeah, the same order for me please," agreed Mitch.
Emily took me through the hovercraft to a glass room where I could look out to where we were going, and left quietly, closing the door behind her. It was about then that I broke down.

A/N: sorry it's short :P but each chapter is supposed to be 1000 words long so I can just look at my word count to see which chapter number I'm up to... So this one had to be short to make up for the double length one last time xD