Chapter 31: Survivor, Keep on Surviving

Chapter thirty one: Survivor, keep on Surviving
Emily and Jerome were in the lounge when we found them.
"Hey guys," smiled Jerome, as we walked in. "Mitch, are you gonna actually introduce us now or?" Mitch chuckled.
"No!" He replied, pretending to be annoyed. "I'm not about that introduction life. Make your own introductions." We all laughed at him.
"I see how it is," I giggled, removing my hand from his grasp.
"Hey, no, that's cheating!" He laughed, and took my hand again. "But anyways, Abby, this is Jerome, my best friend, and Jerome, this is Abby, my girlfriend."
"It's great to meet you, Mitch told me a bit about you and you seem like a great person," I grinned.
"I'd like to pretend to myself that Mitch would only ever tell other people good things about me, but I know it's really not true." We laughed at him.
"Hey!" Protested Mitch.
"Anyway," I laughed, "Mitch this is my sister Emily, Emily, this is my boyfriend Mitch."
"Great to finally meet you in person," smiled Em.
"Same for you, Abby's told me about you as well," replied Mitch, grinning. I elbowed him in the side.
"Good things, I promise," I laughed, and the others joined me.
"Oh I never doubted you," Em laughed, sarcastically. We talked a little more, getting to know each other a bit better. It seemed that Em and Jerome had become very good friends during the time they had worked together because of our alliance in the arena.
"How long have you guys known each other?" I asked Mitch and Jerome.
"We met in about... Grade four, was it?" Asked Jerome, looking at Mitch.
"Yeah, grade four," agreed Mitch. "So that's... What, nine years ago?" He did the maths. "Yeah, nine years ago. And Jerome's only like... Six days older than me."
"That's pretty cool," smiled Em.
"What's the age difference between you two?" Asked Jerome, looking at Em.
"She's eighteen, I'm twenty one, so that's about three years," replied Em. "But we've been pretty close, despite the difference."
"Yeah, we have," I agreed, smiling ruefully at her. We both knew the reason for that. Loosing our dad had brought us closer together. "Anyway..." I decided to change the subject. "Did you guys have fun mentoring us?"
"What is this," laughed Jerome. "20 questions?"
"Of course," I laughed. We talked, and laughed a little more, and I noticed Jerome and Em would look at each other meaningly every so often. I glanced at Mitch to see if he'd noticed it too. He and Em were both listening intently to what Jerome was saying, but when he finally caught my eye, I raised an eyebrow, and nodded my head between the two of them. Mitch bit back a smile, and turned back to Jerome, so as to hide the fact that we'd had a private conversation. But it was evident he was thinking the same thing as me. I'd have to talk about it with Em later.
"We... Have something to tell you two, by the way," said Jerome, catching my attention. I looked at him. He glanced at Em, and she smiled at him.
"We've actually been dating for about a week." We stared at them, speechless. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier..." Began Em, worried that I was upset.
"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "Mitch tell me now, did we or did we not just sit here and work that out ourselves a few seconds ago?"
"We did," chuckled Mitch. "I'm so happy for you guys."
"Yeah, me too!" I exclaimed. "But I have a question, how much mentoring was actually going on for the past five days?" We all laughed together.
"Hmm," said Jerome, putting an arm around Em's waist. "About as much as there was surviving going on in the arena." We laughed again.
"It feels good to laugh a lot like this," I grinned. Mitch hugged me from the side.
"I told you it was a good idea," he smiled.
"Hey Abby, I have a bone to pick with you by the way," commented Em. "Several, in fact."
"You vulture," I chuckled. "Well get on with it."
"The first one is, I had absolutely no idea you'd even spoken to Mitch before the arena!" Mitch and I stared laughing.
"I know," I grinned. "No one did."
"Best troll ever," laughed Mitch.
"Not for us!" Exclaimed Jerome. "You didn't tell me this either Mitch. When did you see her throwing the knives?"
"Well I'd decided there was more to her than met the eye, so I'd been checking the training gym every evening to see if there was anybody practicing secretly. And one night I got lucky, and discovered she could throw knives. Which was great, because if I hadn't grabbed them in the cornucopia, she probably would have killed me with them."
"Probably," I agreed, sighing a little. "Oh, and then he asked me to make an alliance with him on top of the roof the night before the arena, and I was like are you kidding? No!" Jerome and Em laughed, and Mitch smiled. He kissed my cheek sweetly.
"Oh well, it's good to dwell on the good memories, not the bad ones."
"I'll agree with you there," smiled Jerome. "You scared me when you jumped into the ravine."
"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Me too! I was looking at the other guys, and then suddenly he'd just rolled off the edge."
"Just casually..." Jerome chuckled. "As you do, just roll off a cliff."
"I'm a survivor, keep on surviving," started Mitch.
"No..." I groaned. "Don't start that. I'll throw something at you."
"Like a knife?"
"Yeah! Wait...no, probably like a book or something." Jerome and Em chuckled.
"Ha, I was worried for a second there," laughed Mitch.
"You know I won't hurt you again," I replied, smiling.

A/N: so yeah... That happened... The #Jemily ship has sailed!!!!!!
If you couldn't tell from the past few chapters, I'm having a hard time accepting Vikk's death myself, since I not only like the actual youtuber a lot, but I really like the character I created based off him too. *tears* but anyway hope you guys are enjoying it! Maybe one more update this evening? xx