𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

*——————✧◦♚◦✧——————*

𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐂𝐊 + 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

A FEW HOURS AFTER Addy left Mal and Evie's dorm, she was making her way back to her bedroom.

It was nearly Midnight since Adeline was training all day with her magic. As soon as she reached her door, her stomach started to grumble loudly, seeing as she didn't eat anything. She went inside and changed into her PJ's and made her way down to the kitchen.

Once she got into the hallway that led to the kitchen, young royal came to a stop when she heard some voices inside. She opened the kitchen door to find Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos standing around the counter that was in the centre of the room.

"Oh! Hey, I didn't think anyone was going to be down here!" Adeline said giving them a smile. She walked up to the counter where Mal and Evie we're standing just opposite her.

"Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Addy got on her tip toes to get a better look of the dough that was inside of the bowl.

"Nothing Special- Just cookies-" Adline dipped a finger inside the batter and tried a bit. Making everyone shout while they watched the girl in shock.

Adeline looked at them for a long moment,

"What? I'm not gonna double dip!"

"Feel anything?" Evie asks her

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal added, the two boys continued to stare at the brunette with wide eyes.

They kept looking at the princess with mixed emotions, but with Jay, a smirk  formed on his face. Addy watched him confused as he got off the counter and leaned over the counter top,

"Hey there, Foxy." He said as the girl, the princess looked at him in confusion before sending him a smile. She looked back at Mal and Evie,

"It could use some chips." She said before walking up to the fridge and taking out a bowl of her favourite flavour.

"And those are?" Mal said in frustration but with also a hint of relief. The young royal turned around with a smile on her face.

"Chocolate chips." She smiled

"Just the most important food group." Adeline came and stood next to Mal. She put a small handful of chocolate chips into the batter

"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" After she poured some into the bowl, Adeline sneaked a little chip into her mouth. Mal and Evie looked at her in confusion.

"Like, when you're feeling sad," She levitated an apple from the corner of the counter into her hands and took a bite.

"And they're fresh out of the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and outs everything into perspective and..." She stopped talking when Mal frowned and looked back into the batter.

"Why are you all, looking at me like that? Did I say something wrong?" She asked, Mal shook her head before mixing the batter again.

"It's just different where we're from." Adeline looked at the boys then back at Mal.

"yeah, yeah- I know, I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids!" She smiled at them, making them frown again.

"Oh..." She looked at Evie before she made eye contact with Jay.

"How awful...." Adeline rested both of her hands on Mal's, as a tear rolled down her cheek. Before she could swipe it away, Mal beat her to it and continued mixing the batter putting the tear inside of it.