ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

♚𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓& 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐄𝐒♚

The next morning, Addy went to Evie's place. They had Jane's birthday party coming up, later that day and wanted everything to be ready. As soon as the princess arrived, she only made it one step in the kitchen when Evie tossed Jay a few items to put in the basket. It wasn't long after when Carlos ran in the kitchen with a pile of towels in one hand.

"Morning princess." Carlos greeted her,

"Morning.." Addy said a little confused.

"Got the beach towels." He said as he neatly placed them in another basket. As Evie tossed some apples to Jay, Addy couldn't help but laugh at the scene. Just then Carlos walked around the counter, to take a look at the cake

"I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys." 

"Oh yeah?" Addy replied as she and Evie tossed Jay some more apples.

Once Carlos got a look at the cake, his smile immediately disappeared.

"Ok, who got into Jane's cake?!" Carlos shouted, the Trio who we're tossing each other more items, immediately stopped and looked at the cake, only to see a quarter of it taken off.

However, before anyone could say anything, there was a loud bang that came from somewhere outside. The four that we're in the kitchen gave each other a confused look before rushing outside, only for them to stop in their tracks at the scene in front of them.

Addy was... Shocked, to say the least to see Audrey, of all people, with a sceptre and crown laughing like a maniac.

"So long, suckers." She began spinning around in a circle before she disappeared into a cloud of pink smoke. Right after the fog cleared, Jay reached his hands to take Mal's, when he yelps back at the sight infront of him.

"Uh, you might wanna think of a spell for that." Jay says, in a slightly alarmed tone.

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the sceptre. All but..." She looks at Addy for a minute, and before Addy could register, she slightly shakes her head.

She had absolutely no idea how to work spells, she was no where good at it that Mal was. Mal nods in understanding, she gets it, she's scared of using her magic. She knows the consequences of them, and Mal doesn't blame her.

"Well, that's a shame." Carlos muttered.

"Forget about me," Mal declared,

"Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger."

"What are we gonna do?" Addy asks

"The only thing more powerful that the sceptre... is Hade's ember"

"Oh, like he's just gonna hand it over if you blew him back to the Isle." Jay responded with a bit of sarcasm

"Ad no one knows where his liar is," Evie added while looking at everyone.

"I do. I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's"

"You're coming." Mal declared as she pointed a finger at her.

But, before she could reply, a new voice cut the air.

"Mal?" Everyone instantly turned their head's around to find the three young teens standing at the doorway. At the sight, Dizzy let out a small scream, making the Smee twins clutch onto her sides. Just then Evie made her way to them, saying something comforting.

As soon as the young teens went off inside, Evie turned around to face the others.

"Guys, go get your stuff." The four of them  sent Evie a nod in response as she stayed behind with Mal. A million thoughts zoomed through her mind, as she changed into something more appropriate.