Chapter 19

[Ahdjahhshs I didn't forget about this story AJ he HAJDHA whaaatttt hajdhaa you're seeing things]

Scott sat back in his chair, sighing and running a hand through his hair, glancing up at his monitors. He always had to be stuck in drama, didn't he? Worst part is, Y/N seemed to be getting along with the animatronics. They seemed to be "befriending" them, though he knew that was a lie. Michael had befriended them before, and looked what happened to him. Undead, cursed, and rotting from the inside out. He wasn't sure what Ennard was expecting this time, after failing before. He must already know that only one animatronic can fit inside a person, as well as keep it from falling apart.

But at the end of the day, it wasn't Scott's problem. Telling Y/N would cause them to quit, and he couldn't afford that. Nobody wants to work overnight with robots for minimum wage. He'd just have to hope Ennard either spares them, or let's them last awhile, and then he'd have to go out and find another overly trusting dumbass. Standing up, Scott plugged a small USB into the computer system, letting out a deep sigh as he knew how much this was about to cost him. But what could he do? Allow the police to check the cameras and see that he "agreed" to hide a runaway? Risk a chance of news spreading, exposing Ennard's existence and the fact they are all haunted?

How would he get any customers then, or hire employees? He watched as the screen glitched out, pop-ups popping up left and right. Watching as the security footage slowly became corrupted and broken. William always seemed obsessed with glitches and viruses, and Scott wouldn't be surprised if he someday tried to become one. Scoffing, he shook his head. That would never work, let alone be useful in any way.

Scott pulled out the USB drive and hid it away as he heard the door to the pizzeria get yanked open. He expected someone to show up soon, though he hadn't expected to hear drunken yells alongside the police. He calmly walked back to his desk, clicking random keys on the computer and calling Michael as he heard the footsteps coming closer. Fortunately for his trick, Michael picked up the phone in time. Scott had called from his office phone instead of his personal phone, so Michael already knew half of what was going on. This hadn't been their first rodeo, even after Michael's death and reports of neighbors seeing a "suspicious purple.. person?" Coming out of the pizzeria.

"Michael Afton, Afton Robotics, how may I help you?" Scott heard over the phone, noting how annoyed he sounded. Just then, the door to his office slammed open. Scott only glanced up, nodding a greeting at the officers, avoiding looking at the obviously drunk couple standing behind them. He went back to tapping keys, saying "I think the computer systems got a virus somehow, and now all the footage is corrupted and the screen is glitching out." He noticed the police officers whispering to each other, before Michael responded, telling him about the new security protocols they had been testing out, blaming it on those, and saying he'd come in tomorrow to check it out and see if he could manage to salvage any footage.

Scott thanked him and talked about how he needed a raise- though Michael knew that would never happen- and hung up the phone. He then looked up at the officers and apologized for it taking so long, asking them what they needed. "One of your workers, Y/N, escaped from involuntary hold at the hospital after a suicide attempt." One of the officers stepped up to explain, "And we think they may be hiding out here. You do know that sheltering a runaway is a criminal offense, Mr Cawthon?" Scott nodded, seemingly unworried. "Yes, I am aware." He responded. "One of our ex-owners' son once ran away to his friend's house, I remember far too well the issues that created. I can assure you I would not shelter a runaway minor. Our security footage is sadly corrupted as of right now, however you are free to search the building or come back in a few days to see if we were able to salvage it."

The officer nodded, thanking Scott, and told one of the policemen to stay back and question him on what he knew of Y/N and where they may possibly be. The rest ran off in separate directions, searching for the pain in Scott's fat ass. He hoped the animatronics had at least found them a hiding spot in time and knew to get on their stages and "deactivate" until it clears up a bit. He sat down, however, and listened to the officer's questions, lying through every answer. He didn't know much about Y/N, nor did he care at the moment.