Chapter 16

(TW for brief mention of sewerslide) (CW for swears)

(bold= yelling
Normal = normal voice
italics = whisper or muffled)

(3rd person)

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

...

Y/N lay on the hospital bed, unconscious, as the sound of a heart monitor steadily beeping drowned on around them. A neighbor had called the cops on them, complaining about the sound of a gunshot, which was determined to be an attempt to kill themselves, after many nights of rough work mixed with hard schoolwork. So now there they lay, a wound in their side bandaged up. No one took the time to properly wonder why the bullet landed in such a weird spot, when supposedly held by them. No one took the time to report the daily screams that came from that house, nor the blood curdling shriek that came from the old house just seconds before the shot. No one seemed to care that Y/N's parents sat back, and how the neighbor had to be the one to call the police. 

Y/N slowly woke up, still extremely drowsy due to the heavy pain killers. Looking around, they realized a ton of wires and tubes attached to them, and a slightly cracked open door. Muffled voices were talking behind said door, and straining to listen, they made out a few things.

..

"Please, Michael-"
"No, I'm not going... hellhole.... lost my life... Ennard."
"But Y/N cant work!.. Emergency.. just two nights!"
"Well send someone else to be killed!"

..

It was silent for a bit, before they heard a hushed "fuck off" come from behind the door. The door then creaked open, and Scott walked in, pinching his nose in frustration, before glancing up and noticing Y/N. "Oh! Y/N! You're awake!" He said, his mood cheering up as he sat at the seat next to them. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm.. fine, I guess. What happened?" Y/N asked, head still cloudy from the pain killers. This made Scott frown and sigh, leaning forwards in his chair and folding his hands. "Your neighbor called the cops on you after you tried to kill yourself, Mx. L/N. They were able to get you to the hospital and stable." He explained, sitting up as the doctor walked in. "Ah! Mx L/N! Glad to see you awake. If your recovery goes well, you can be released in a couple of days. However, due to the attempt, you will have to be closely monitored by your family members for a couple of months. If this happens again, you will have to be put in the nearest psych ward on involuntary." Y/N nodded, looking upset. How could people think THEY did this?? The doctor told Scott that visiting hours were over, and the two left.

Y/N sat there, in their own thoughts. There's no way they'd be able to stay right next to their parents for two whole months. Considering they just got put in the hospital, for god's sake, give it a week and there's no way they wouldn't try to kill them again. Would just blame it on Y/N killing themself again. Y/N looked around. They didn't have their bag, and the contents most likely got taken out of it. Especially the money. Sighing, they laid back in the bag, and closed their eyes. Might as well get some more sleep.

....

Waking up with a jolt to a scream down the hall, they looked over at the clock. 3am. Looking down at all the tubes and wires, they waited until they couldn't hear anymore commotion and ripped them all out. Jumping up out of bed, they sprinted out of the room and down the hall, just barely dodging a nurse walking out of a room, as more started to come over due to the beeping from the machines they had been hooked up to. Hearing a code yellow announced on the speaker, they quickened their pace, turning and rushing down the stairs. They were on the third floor, and they could hear a door opening on the fourth, along with voices. They couldn't get caught, especially after running for it. It was now or never.

Slamming open the door to the first floor, they booked it towards the entrance, but was grabbed by a nurse. In a panic, and seeing other nurses start coming towards them, they bit the nurse's arm, grabbing a pen from the desk and using it to claw at their hand until they let go, before running out the door.

(bear with me this chapter guys, got hella writers block this time </3

Also to anyone wondering, code yellow is a missing patient. In this case, a runaway)

(Don't forget to join my discord server- link in my profile- and check out my other books! I have a Sun/Moon x reader and an original book in the making!)