Chapter 9

Swears, alcohol, smoking, and abuse will be in this chapter
Slight NSFW, just mentions

[Y/N'S POV]

I froze. No no no no, this couldn't be happening. I could've sworn it was before she'd wake up, I could've sworn I had time! Maybe it was Father? He gets up early at times. I glanced over at the clock, I couldn't have taken that long to get here, I couldn't-

.

8 am.

It's fucking 8. AM. I took a whole hour to get here. I knew I shouldn't have stopped to help that old lady. I knew I shouldn't have. It must've taken longer than I thought, that's why I was so late. I slowly turned around, seeing my mother's pissed-off face right behind me. "Mind explaining?" She said, smiling. I knew it wasn't an actual smile, it was too strained and showed too much upper gum than her normal smile. I stuttered, before finally managing to get out "I have a job, I just lost track of time.."

"Bullshit. That's just an excuse for you to go out drinking and smoking all night. What're you doing out there, huh? You hooking up with drunk guys on the street? Selling your body for some fucking weed?" She spat, her grip tightening. What a hypocrite, I thought. I shook my head, lowering my breath intake, hoping I'd seem harmless enough to get her to calm down. "No, mother- I- there was an ad, for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. They were hiring a night guard, I swear! You can call my manager- I have his number, I was at work last night, I promise, I'm not hooking up!"

She luckily seemed to take it, after hearing she could call my manager. In all honesty, she just wanted a reason to be pissed off, to be right. She believed I had no manager, or wasn't there, and would be caught right then and there. She was waiting for an excuse to beat the shit out of me, as she reached for my phone and dialed in the number I told her. I held my breath as it rung, hoping to anyone out there that he'd answer.

"Hello?"

I let out a sigh of relief. He picked up. Though, the voice seemed different than last time, but I figured he may have just woken up or something.

"Hello, is this Scott Cawthon?" My mother asked, tapping her foot in impatience. She took a sip of the beer in her hand, glaring at me as she waited for a response. I wish she would believe me for once, considering I was clearly in uniform.

"Yes, this is Scott Cawthon, how may I help you?"

My manager responded, probably mentally preparing himself to speak with a Karen. Which, he pretty much was, as my mother snapped "Do you have an employee named Y/N L/N? And were they at work last night?" I heard the man sigh as she barely gave any time for him to respond as she bombarded him with question after question, before he cut her off, asking her to calm down.

"Ma'am, Y/N is one of my employees, and they did work last night. This is Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Mx. L/N is a night guard here at the establishment, responsible for monitoring and managing the animatronics."

My mother fumed as she realized she was wrong, and that she had no reason to be pissed off. She hung up angrily, shoving the phone back into my hands, and stomped off past me, knocking her shoulder into me on the way. I watched as she grumbled her way to the couch, before sitting down and taking a large drink of her beer. Sighing, I ran up to my room, to shower and change, and prepare a stash for whenever I get paid. I wouldn't want my mother stealing it, knowing she probably will try for her drinks and shit. I laid down on the mattress and started to cry. I already missed the pizzeria, it was much better than here. I started to drift off to sleep, to get in a few hours of rest before I had to get up and make lunch.