Chapter 18

Leaning against the rusting metal wall of the elevator, Y/N took a deep breath, exhaling as they slid down to the ground. Regret started to wash over them, what kind of mess did they get themself into? Covering their face with their hands and bringing their knees to their chest, Y/N took a second to think. Think about what to do next, what will happen, what to say to the animatronics. Should they make up an excuse, or just spill the truth?

A ding brought them out of their thoughts, as they moved their hands to see the doors open.  Y/N crawled over to the vent, pausing for a moment, before crawling through it. They knew it was far from midnight, and the animatronics may have questions if someone else wasn't covering for them, but they didn't care. They were friends, right? They should understand if they were a little late or had to take a day off.

Getting up out of the vent, they turned on the lights to Ballora's room. Ballora turned, confused as to why Scott would be downstairs with his cameras, but was surprised to see Y/N. She got off the stage, coming over to the window, and waved. Y/N smiled, before opening the vent door and crawling through into her room. "Y/N! You're alright!" Ballora exclaimed with a smile, bringing them into a hug. "Scott told us the news, I was so worried!" Y/N let out a small laugh, hugging her back, before responding "I'm alright, Just a little hurt." They then sighed, letting go and stepping back. "Listen, Ballora. I need help, I can't go back to the hospital or my house. I don't know what Scott told you, but you have to believe me. My parents are out to kill me, I might not get lucky next time. I need you to hide me, they're going to come looking for me, there's no doubt they'll check here."

A few seconds of silence passed, before Ballora smiled and nodded. "Alright," she said, "You can stay here. We have plenty of places for you to hide, it'll be alright. We just have to let Ennard and the others know. You'll have to stick with uniforms as clothes and pizza as food, however. Until its safe enough for you to sneak out to get more." A bright smile appeared on Y/N's face as they hugged Ballora tightly, repeatedly thanking her for the help. They heard footsteps, and judging by the floors shaking, it was Freddy. They let go of Ballora to look at him, smiling at his surprised face. Ballora explained everything to him, which excited him. "YOU'RE STA-AYING WITH US??" He loudly asked, cheering as he got a confirmation from Y/N. His voice brought over Circus Baby and Funtime Foxy (who seemed like they just woke up). "Oi, why's the grizzly bear yelling?" Foxy asked, moving their faceplates to make sure the gears all work properly. "Y/N'S STAYING WITH U-US!!" Freddy repeated, his arms in the air in excitement, as Bon-Bon held on for dear life from the movement.

"Huh? Why would they stay with us? No offense, Y/N." Circus Baby asked, confused. After getting a 'none taken' back from the main character, Ballora explained the situation to everyone. Circus Baby frowned, worried. It all reminded her too much of her old family. William was not the best father. He was a serial killer, for Scott's sake. He caused two of his kids' deaths, and now Y/N's parents were trying to kill them. Circus Baby suddenly ran off to tell Ennard, confusing everyone else. She slammed the door to the parts and service room open, startling the broken clown robot. "Jesus Baby! Take a breather, holy hell-"

"Y/N's staying here. They're in danger."

Ennard paused, confused. "What? What do you mean danger?" he asked, getting up from the table. "Oh y'know they're just losing a video game- what the hell do you think that means, Ennard??" Circus Baby snapped back, closing the door behind her. "Their parents are after them. I bet you, within the next day or two, this place will be checked by the police. We can't have them found, Ennard. I don't care if you're still obsessed with getting out of here, we have to keep them safe. Please, just help this once."

Ennard though it over, before sighing and nudging her away from the door, opening it and walking out. "Alright, fine. I'll help. But if they even get close to finding something they shouldn't, I'm exposing them. I'm not getting this place shut down and us scrapped because of some employee. Now come on, let's go back and figure something out." He said, allowing her to follow him.

What he wouldn't admit is the strange, protective feeling he was getting. He didn't want to accept it, but he doesn't want Y/N hurt. Even if it means shutting down the pizzeria again. Escaping is going to be harder than he thought.