Chapter 15: Yeah, baby!

After getting off the call with Victoria, he immediately called vistajet to charter a flight to London.

He then called Fred to explain that he would need to request for personal time off because Anita is in the hospital and he needs to see her. He assured him that he will be ready for testing in Bahrain.

***

He arrived in London just before noon and he immediately went to the hospital to see Anita.  As expected, Victoria had everything under control with security in place.

He was led to a different floor this time but it appears like Victoria had the whole floor secured. She is always overprotective of Anita, sometimes even more than him.

When he entered the suite, he saw Anita's father, Lord Philip Nelson, seated on the sofa.   He stood up when he heard Charles enter the room.

"Oh, Charles. Good you're able to go"

"Philip, I came as soon as I found out"

He went to give Philip a hug before he glanced at Anita who was sleeping

"How is she? And the baby?" He asked looking very concerned.  Anita has lost so much weight in just 4 days.

"She and the baby are stable now. " Philip still looked distressed "They had to sedate her. When she found out she's pregnant. She had an panic attack because she felt like she will be unable to carry the baby to term with her injuries and all. You know how she is"

He knew Anita always worried about this and he can't imagine her fear after she found out she's pregnant. He hates himself that he wasn't there and Anita had to go through it alone.

"Why didn't she call me?" He asked with a deep sigh.

"She couldn't. She didn't know she was pregnant. it was only when she got severely dehydrated and started bleeding that she asked to be brought to the hospital. We had to airlift her from Northamptonshire because she was at her little flat when it happened. I tried calling you using her phone but you were out of reach. I assumed you were still in the mountains so I called Victoria instead"

 I assumed you were still in the mountains so I called Victoria instead"

"Oh thank you, Philip. I appreciate it and I am sorry I wasn't here yesterday. Why don't you get some rest and I'll watch over her." Charles said after noticing Philip was trembling.

"Thank you, Charles. Please call me if there is anything you would need. I am staying at our apartment in Kensington. I shall come back tomorrow morning. Oh and the doctor will drop by quarter past two, it would be best if you can speak with her."

"Of course. Of course. Thank you again, Philip. Take care."

"Until tomorrow, then" as Philip Nelson picked up his cane and walked out of the room leaving Charles with Anita.

***

He pulled the chair beside Anita's bed and rested his head on the small space beside her. He stared at her sleeping.