Chapter 13: What happens in Vegas...

ONE WEEK LATER
MEXICO

This is the first time that she and Charles will be arriving at the paddock together and the first time they will arrive as an official couple. Anita is very nervous and anxious about being photographed especially one week after the trial.

Of course, being the sensitive man he is, Charles noticed this.

During breakfast, she was staring blankly over the window.

"Anita? Are you okay?" Charles asked with a frown.

She was startled and she dropped her fork on the floor.

She pressed a hand to her chest.

"God. You startled me."

He was quick to grab her hand.

"Baby, are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm just very nervous. Are you sure it's okay with PR that we arrive together? I mean when Carlos and Victoria started dating, even when they went public, they never arrived together."

"Yes it okay, not unless you don't want to"

"No...no. I want to but I am just worried about you, the championship, the trial, and the media asking about us?"

While pulling her to stand up and sit on his lap, Charles assured her "I am proud of you so you have nothing to worry about the media attention and links to the trial. PR also issued an advisory that personal questions are not allowed in the pen and the media room."

She sighed at the thought of Charles being asked about the trial and her. She sat on his lap, she held his face and smoothened his wrinkled forehead before wrapping her arm around his neck and nuzzling his hair.

"I'm sorry, darling. I'm just overthinking everything. I have to learnto ignore my thoughts..."

She continued to move her hand up and down the back of his head. She longed to be touched, wanting his hands on her like they'd been this morning and last night. When his fingers slipped around her waist, she smiled as his lips grazed the nape of her neck.

"Do I need to dress up like the other WAGS? Max' girlfriend is a model, people might compare us" she paused as she moved her face to look at him.

"Baby... stop thinking about these things. You are beautiful no matter what you wear. Just be yourself" as he gave her a kiss while holding her firmly close to him.

"Arghh this is driving me crazy." She says in frustration as she continues to worry about going back to the public eye

"Don't" Charles held her other hand, lacing his fingers with hers, drawing her attention back to him

"Don't what?"

"Don't overthink. It's going to be fine. You will be perfect"

"I'd better get ready then" a wicked smile escaped her at the thought of Charles finding her beautiful regardless of what she is wearing.