Chapter 10: Look of Eagles

Approaching the Italian Grand Prix, Charles has a 67 point lead over Hamilton and 83 point lead over Carlos. With 8 more races left, he can win the Championship if he wins Italy and the next two races.

He is feeling the pressure from Ferrari since this is his last year but he is trying his best to overcome it by focusing on his goal.

He knew Anita was busy with Lily and supporting Victoria and he was also busy with preparing for the race. Last night's debrief after FP 2 lasted for 5 hours.

He left the garage very tired. The debrief was tough so he wasn't able to check his phone. When he did, nothing from Anita. He got a bit worried because it is unusual for her to not message for a whole day.

Andreas told him they would go ahead so he is driving back to his motorhome alone. They just left all their things in his car and cycled to their camper.

He dialed to facetime Anita but she did not answer so upon reaching his car, he sent her a text

"My lady, I am worried. Please call me."

He was about to open his car when two hands suddenly covered his eyes from behind.

The moment their skins touched he knew.

"Oh my god. I was worried" as he grabbed her hands to bring her in front of him. Her arms landed on his neck as she faced him with the most beautiful smile, which wiped out his fatigue from the whole day.

"Bonsoir mon amour." As she gives him a kiss. He hugged Anita not minding if some fans were already snapping photos of them hugging at the parking lot. It was dark anyway.

"How did you get here? Oh oh, you rode with Carlos" he exclaimed after he figured out Anita must have hitched a ride with Carlos when he flew in this afternoon.

"I was so worried you did not even message" he said with a sigh of relief.

"I didn't message because you're busy. I was having dinner with Andreas and Joris waiting for you to finish your meeting"

"Did you like my surprise?" She leaned in to kiss his chin.

"I love it. I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too. Wait, have you eaten?"

"I had some fruits during the meeting"

"Oh darling, come on, let's go and I'll make you something"

Fans were still waiting for him to leave so he signed a few autographs. By now the tifosis knew Anita so they were greeting her, too, as they drove past.

It was a good 10 minute drive to where their motorhomes are parked.

"Is this your first time to stay in a motorhome?"

"Yes. I mean in a Formula 1 motorhome but I have stayed in a motorhome or more like a camper van. My papa would bring us to drive up to Scotland during the holidays when we were younger."

She walked around to see it's like a mini apartment with a tiny kitchen and a lounge area with a tv and comfortable sofas.

"It's not a lot but it has everything. I'll go take a shower. "

"I'll make you dinner. Pasta okay?"

"It's perfect" he smiles at her showing his dimples and she's definitely in love with this man.

Anita made pasta alla gricia given the ingredients in the kitchen. She understood how important Charles' diet is so he can be in good shape for the weekend. She knew how tense it can become during competitions. When she was competing she's almost unable to keep anything down except water.