Chapter 12: Winning together

Anita cooked them an early dinner of pasta and steak. After eating,they headed up to her room early so that Charles can rest.  They stayed in bed skin to skin, she was just in her jersey shorts and he was in his boxers.

"How many rooms are in this house? This is very big"

His question made her laugh a bit.

"I actually don't know. Around 40? It's funny because when I was still competing, I would spend weekends here but I don't sleep in the main house"

"Where do you sleep?"

"I sleep in the quarters near the stables. It's just easier to be so near to the horses, you know"

"If you love the horses, why not stay here instead of going back to Silverstone?"

"I love them but it also hurts not being able to ride them the way I want to. So I opted to just go for the clean cut and leave it behind"

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I still get to ride every now and then"

He was listening intently while tracing her moles trying to memorize them like a new track, occasionally stopping on the underside of her breasts. In turn she looks at his face to touch his own set of moles. She also traced his nose, something she always said she loves.

"You do like my moles, don't you?" She asks him.

"Yes

"Yes. I love each one of them"

"You have quite a few as well. But not so much on your body." As she moves her soft fingers to touch his moles on his chest and then his neck.

"Yeah, you see? I hope our future children will not inherit all our moles. Just a few." He states, which he immediately noticed, startled Anita a bit.

"Woah...not too fast...I am not even sure if my back will allow me bear children. It's something that never occurred to me because I never thought I'd meet someone like you"

"Don't panic it's still very far from now..."

He grabs her hand to hold it tightly and entwining it with his before kissing the back of her palm.

"With your heads up, I am bracing for impact. Ha-ha"

He leans in to face her. He was surprised with what she said
"You never thought you'd have children?"

"After the accident, no. After I've met you? I want to think about it. There is my answer"

"I like a big family, can we have three?"

He felt Anita hold a laugh.

"Can we start with one first and then check after that?"

"Of course. If you didn't have the accident, how many?"